Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

Pocket Cloud for iPad authentication failures

Pocket Cloud for iPad authentication failures

Hey all,

Every day I log into my MacBook from home with pocket cloud and it's been working great, but today for no reason I get Mac Authentication Failed :1.

Nothing has changed on my machines, and in fact I had my wife reset my password on the MacBook just to be sure, and I am still unable to authenticate.

A bit annoying as the app is now useless.

Any help would be great

Cheers
John

1.3K Posts

Hello John, sorry that you are experiencing trouble with the app. What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? What firmware is on the iPad you are using? Are you doing a automatic connection or a manual connection to your MacBook?

Hi.

The companion is 2.0.7
I don't know what version the app on the iPad is but there are no updates available from the app store, so I gather it is the latest. 

I am running iOS5 on the iPad and Lion on the MacBook. 

It was working perfectly and I have not changed anything. It's really bad because I need it daily - hence why I bought it. 

I have tried both automatic and manual connections. I have even reset the password on my mac and tried all of the options if have read in the forums and nothing seems to work. 

Vet frustrating.

1.3K Posts

Try force stopping the application on the iPad and giving it another go. You may also want to try re-installing the application to see if that helps. Please let me know.

August 7th, 2015 02:00

I have tried all of the above!! 

This is very frustrating. As I said, it just stopped working. No updates on the Macbook - it just stopped!! 

August 7th, 2015 03:00

I am using both!

There are 3 accounts on this machine, and all of them get the same error.

Believe me, if it were as simple as authentication issues, I would have solved it.

1.3K Posts

John, no worries. I want to try and get this resolved for you. I just want to confirm, you are still getting the Mac Authentication Failed :1 error and no other errors correct?

Something else I would like you to check for me is if you launch PocketCloud on your iOS device and select / edit a connection to your Mac, what does it say under Operating System? If the operating system option is not set to the correct OS, this could cause this error as well. Please let me know.

544 Posts

And you are using the same username and password that is set in Apple > System Preferences > Accounts? Can you create a manual connection and see if you can connect that way?

Hi,

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I have already done this. I have 20 years in the IT industry and have only contacted you because I. Have exhausted everything else.

Have uninstalled both on the iPad and the MacBook. 

I have reset the password numerous times

I have set the password within Sharing on the mac numerous times. 

Like I said earlier, I have followed all the advice on this site. 

It should not be this hard to get your app to work, and now I am about to give up. I have wasted so much time trying to get this working again - but obviously your app has an issue as it was working one day, and not the next without change to either system. 

Very disappointing. 

Considering this is a paid app, how do I get a refund for a faulty product?

Thanks
John

Yes. Still to working. 

Yes. It is set to mac.

1.3K Posts

John, the error you are getting is Mac Authentication Failed: 1. This occurs when the password entered in PocketCloud does not match the VNC password that is set on the remote Mac 10.7.x (Lion) computer you are trying to connect to. To resolve this, follow the instructions from our knowledge base below:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ication-failed

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

544 Posts

Are you connecting with both a username AND password or JUST a password?

No Events found!