Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NK

July 30th, 2015 09:00

Problems connecting

Post Problems connecting

Hey there I'm hoping someone can help solve this problem. I have installed pocketcloud on my iPod touch (4th gen) and the companion on 
Y vista 64 bit pc ( service pack 2) but I am unable to connect.
The pc is autodetected but selecting it simply gives me an "upgrade to pro" window now forgive me but I'm not going pro until I can test the tool and see if it does what I want.
Any help in identifying what I'm doing wrong is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

4 Posts

July 30th, 2015 10:00

It shows 3 total, my macbook (which will usually connect without problem) and then the two desktop connections (same computer 1 'link' for each method) which don't work and give me the upgrade notice. I have tried removing the connections via settings but it doesn't seem to clear and I have now removed the companion from the macbook but the connection remains displayed.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nat.kiwi View Post

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. The problem seems to be that even after logging in and out of gmail on the ipod and vista machines autodiscovery is still presenting 3 connections. I have disabled the vnc connection on the pc system and removed the cilent from the mac before resetting connections on my ipod and logging back in - still 3 being displayed.

You can delete the other two connections by tapping the "Edit List" button.

4 Posts

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. The problem seems to be that even after logging in and out of gmail on the ipod and vista machines autodiscovery is still presenting 3 connections. I have disabled the vnc connection on the pc system and removed the cilent from the mac before resetting connections on my ipod and logging back in - still 3 being displayed.

544 Posts

How many computers do you have listed on the "My Computers" page?

-Chris
Wyse Technology

623 Posts

Have you tried loging out of gmail and loging back in? PocketCloud supports only one connection and you have three. If you logoff your MAC and disable either the VNC or RDP for your testing. The Pro version will allow for unlimited connections.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

Oh it seems that i managed to miss the 'edit list' button somehow   now i have fixed up my own self inflicted problem
I guess I should learn to look properly 

No Events found!