Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 29th, 2015 05:00

RDP Session Disconnected/Catalyst Control Center:Host application has stopped working

RDP Session Disconnected/Catalyst Control Center:Host application has stopped working

Dear all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with a login problem I'm having. My system:

iPad 1 IOS 5.1.1
Vista64 (fully up-to-date with patches)
AMD Catalyst 12.8
Control Centre version 2012.0806.1213.19931
Internet connection: iPad & PC both on home Wi-Fi

The problem:

I have an automatic connection to my PC. When I hit the Connect button on the iPad I get to the login screen, where I enter my password for the PC. After that the iPad has the word "Welcome" in the middle of the screen, as if its about to log in, but freezes at that point. After about 30 seconds the iPad says "RDP Session Disconnected". At that point I log into my PC manually and see a Windows error window: "Catalyst Control Center:Host application has stopped working".

This has been going on for more than a year now, but I've only just got around to posting about it, so I think the problem is probably not related to the PC display driver version or Pocketcloud version (of which I've tried several of both, and all are now fully up-to-date).

Things I've tried:
Rebooting (of course)
Playing around with the resolution settings on the iPad
Updating Pocketcloud and the display drivers on the PC (both have been done several times over the last year).

More info:
Finally, here are the "problem details" from the windows error box:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.5.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4f8350ef
Problem Signature 04: CLI.Component.Runtime
Problem Signature 05: 3.5.4601.19931
Problem Signature 06: 501feb06
Problem Signature 07: 2e
Problem Signature 08: 6
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Is anyone able to help please, as I love this app & would like to use it again!

Many thanks,
Chris.

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Chris, would you be able to capture a log from the companion for me? To do this, please do the following:

-Right click on the companion icon (kite) in the system tray
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the Enable Debug option (if it is not already)
-Right click on the companion icon again in the system tray and select "Sign out - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com"
-Right click on the companion icon again in the system tray and select "Sign in - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com"
-Reproduce the issue you are seeing
-After reproducing the issue, next to where you enabled debug, select the ... button.

This will open the log in a notepad file. Save this document and send it to me in an email using the address I sent to you in a Private Message. I will email you back as soon as I get the log from you to confirm I got it. From there, I will have one of our engineers take a look at it to see if we can track down where the problem is for you.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1 Message

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Hi - have exact same issue when trying to RDP

Hi,

I have the exact same issue when trying to RDP to my dell laptop - which is windows 7.

Did you get a resolution for this?

Regards
Vijay

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffstuff77 View Post

Dear all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with a login problem I'm having. My system:

iPad 1 IOS 5.1.1
Vista64 (fully up-to-date with patches)
AMD Catalyst 12.8
Control Centre version 2012.0806.1213.19931
Internet connection: iPad & PC both on home Wi-Fi

The problem:

I have an automatic connection to my PC. When I hit the Connect button on the iPad I get to the login screen, where I enter my password for the PC. After that the iPad has the word "Welcome" in the middle of the screen, as if its about to log in, but freezes at that point. After about 30 seconds the iPad says "RDP Session Disconnected". At that point I log into my PC manually and see a Windows error window: "Catalyst Control Center:Host application has stopped working".

This has been going on for more than a year now, but I've only just got around to posting about it, so I think the problem is probably not related to the PC display driver version or Pocketcloud version (of which I've tried several of both, and all are now fully up-to-date).

Things I've tried:
Rebooting (of course)
Playing around with the resolution settings on the iPad
Updating Pocketcloud and the display drivers on the PC (both have been done several times over the last year).

More info:
Finally, here are the "problem details" from the windows error box:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.5.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4f8350ef
Problem Signature 04: CLI.Component.Runtime
Problem Signature 05: 3.5.4601.19931
Problem Signature 06: 501feb06
Problem Signature 07: 2e
Problem Signature 08: 6
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Is anyone able to help please, as I love this app & would like to use it again!

Many thanks,
Chris.

1.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 04:00

Vijay, what version of the companion software are you using? Have you tried restarting the PocketCloud service on your server?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I just looked through my emails and I was not able to find anything from you. What date was the email sent? Would you mind trying to send it to me again? Sorry for the inconvenience/delay!

Josh Maurer

I've heard nothing back!

Dear all, I submitted my details as requested, but have heard nothing back. I've just checked again & still have the same problem. What have you found from your investigations, please? If you didn't receive it, please pmail me (I presume you have my details) and I can send it again.

No Events found!