Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 1st, 2015 22:00

Remote computer displaying what I'm doing from my iPad

Remote computer displaying what I'm doing from my iPad

When I use my iPad to connect to my MAC, on my MAC you can see what I'm doing. Is there a way that when I connect to my MAC it turns black or locks out or something so no one in the office can see what I'm doing?

4 Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

If you are using Lion (10.7) it will show the login screen while you are connected. Unfortunately if you are using a older version of OSX there is no way to do it.
It shows no matter what version of OS for MAC. I used it on 10.5 and 10.7. And on both monitors you can see what I'm doing.

1.3K Posts

If you are using Lion (10.7) it will show the login screen while you are connected. Unfortunately if you are using a older version of OSX there is no way to do it.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Try using your username/password to login rather than a VNC password to see if that makes a difference.

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

August 11th, 2015 08:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Try using your username/password to login rather than a VNC password to see if that makes a difference.

How do I do that?

4 Posts

From my iPad, I am using PocketCloud. I have Automatic Connection. I have my computer listed as VNC. In the settings I have used MAC Os Username and did not save the password so it prompts me each time. Even with this I can still see activity on the desktop. 
Now I tried to set up a manual connection to see if that will work but it never connects.
What do I need to do? Is there a setting I need to change on the computer side?

Having the same issue with the Lion. I sign in with the login for the macBook Pro when I first connect. I am a novice here. THat is the only login/password I use. THen when I com ego my computer now I would see the password dialogue waiting for the same password to unlock the screen is there no way to work behind the screen. Lion does not do it.

1.3K Posts

If you select to edit your connection within PocketCloud, there are fields for Mac OS Username and Password.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Rockstone, so when you are signed in with PocketCloud, your remote computer (mac using lion) displays the login screen or does it show your desktop when you are signed in?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!