Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 21:00

Running apps on Login

Running apps on Login

Can this RDP client run a application or a program without bringing up the desktop, this is a feature in windows RDP connections

200 Posts

Do you mean the "Start the following program on connection" feature of RDP. This is the first time we get this request. Could you give us an example of the use case? I'll pass the information to the Dev team.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I would agree on this being useful. It would be great to set up extra connections, to the same machine, that just opened and showed a specific app. So for instance if I wanted to run Quicken, rather than connecting to my machine's full desktop and running it, I could just tap my "Quicken" machine and bring up just that app on my desktop.

Seems like a handy feature.

2 Posts

any update on this? In a normal Wyse client, "start program at login" is standard fare. Found iTAP and AccessToGo clients has that option. Pretty useful to replace Citrix. I even bought the PockeCloud PRO and that doesn't have this feature.

544 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 22:00

You could put the app in your "Startup" folder so that it launches whenever you login. We also support the "alternate shell" variable that iTap is using. Just create a .rdp file with the appropriate variables in a text editor and then e-mail it to yourself or put it on the web.

EXAMPLE:

full address:s:192.168.1.1
username:s:chris
pocketcloud password:s:0pensesame
alternate shell:s:c:\winnt\system32\notepad.exe

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ys-url-schemes

No Events found!