Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 08:00

Session Disconnected connecting to a Mac

Session Disconnected connecting to a Mac

I've read thru everything I could find discussing "Session Disconnected" and haven't found a solution yet. I used to be able to log into my Mac if it was at home or work, it made no difference. Now I can't long into it from anywhere and no mater where it is. I may have installed an update or my iPad or the Companion on the Mac, but I'm not sure. I'm using a discovered connection it that part appears to be working because if I disconnect my Mac from the network and then relogin from my iPad, the connection no longer shows.....replug it and sign in again and it shows up fine. But every time I try to log it, I only get Session Disconnected.

Here are some of the things I've tried. Uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices. I've tried with both remote sharing and screen sharing (but with only on turned on at a time). I've tried only allow my user name and allowing all users. I've also tried turing off the firewall. Nothing has seemed to make any difference. And in every situation, my Mac seems to be auto discovered without a problem.

Here are some of my specs and other details: I'm running PocketCloud Pro version 2.2.237 on an iPad. Mac Companion is version 2.0.32s. The Mac I'm connecting to is version 10.7.4. I've tried connecting to the computer over both 3G and home wifi while my Mac is sitting at work. I also tried connecting both ways when I took the computer home and had it on my wifi network. I've tested the port on the Mac and it responds that "VNC to port 5900 is successful." I'm using a discovered connection and it appears that PocketClound sees the connection correctly because if I turn my Mac off, the connection on iPad goes away. I don't have anything funny running on the Mac that would effect the security....only the standard stuff.

Here's another tidbit of info. I also have the companion installed on a Windows 2008 Server at work and I don't have any problems connecting to that. Because of that I'm thinking there's something wrong on my Mac a a problem with the Mac Companion.....but that's what I hoping someone here can tell me because I'm out of ideas.

Oh, I've also tried to Email the support team, and I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with there service (hence why I'm here). I first submitted my request a full week ago and even though I respond to there questions within about an hour of being asked a question, they have yet to offer a suggestion on what I should do to get this working again. Did you catch that? It's been a week and to this point they havn't offered a single suggestion, only asked me questions. I've wasted so many hours trying to trouble shoot this myself with no help from support. Only reason I haven't given up yet is because it's so slick when it works.

1.3K Posts

Thanks for sending the log file. I have sent it over to our engineers and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

I have the same problem always appear "session disconnected" what can i do?

1.3K Posts

First, my apologies for the trouble you are experiencing with our support. Lets see if we can get this figured out for you.

Would you be able to do the following for me to capture a log from the companion for me?

1- Click on the PocketCloud Kite icon (near the clock)
2- Select Preferences
3- Select the Advanced tab
4- Click on the box to the left of "Enable Debug"
5- Click on the PocketCloud Kite icon
6- Sign-out from Gmail
7- Click on the PocketCloud Kite icon and wait for 1 minute
8- Sign-in to Gmail
9- Connect or attempt to connect to the computer from your mobile device.
10- Let it run for at least 30 seconds or more
11- Click on the PocketCloud Kite icon
12- Select Preferences
13- Select the Advanced tab
14- Click on the box to the right of "Enable Debug" to view the log
15- Save the file to your computer
16- Make sure to uncheck the box on step 4
17- Email me the log file and be sure to put the URL to this forum in your email to me.

Once I get that from you, I can get the log file to our engineers to see if there is anything they can find from the log.

Last edited by Josh; 09-24-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Thanks for responding Josh. I sent you the log file you requested. Have a good holiday weekend and I look forward to hearing what you can find when you get back.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 09:00

Still waiting for some help with this problem.

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livecontrol34 View Post

I have the same problem always appear "session disconnected" what can i do?

Are you also connecting to a mac?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Could you please installed this test version of the companion software to see if it helps?

http://goo.gl/vFmdi

Please let me know.

Josh Maurer

15 Posts

I started getting Session Disconnected a long time ago and have never been able to use this since then. I'd love to use this software, and I even paid for it once. Now on free as the paid was for a PC/Android, and now I'm on MAC/Ios. I of course haven't gone for the paid version again given that this version just doesn't ever seem to work. There is nothing in the settings on the phone or on the Mac that looks settable. It looks like a timeout, but there's no timeout setting anywhere.

1 Message

Hi,

I'm trying to connect for my iOs device to my iMac OSX desktop and I always receive the error message "Session Disconnected" even I do it at the same network or from remote network. I'm using the auto discovered connections. I tried configuring a manual ip address and i works just from my local network. How can i use it remotely and using autodiscovered connections?

1- Pocket Cloud version on my mobile device is 2.2.137
2- Pocket Cloud version on my Mac is 2.0.32s
3- Mac os version on my remote computer is Lion 10.7.4
4- my mobile device is iPad 2
5- ios version is 5.1
6- the exact error message that I receive on my mobile device is "Session Disconnected".
No message on my remote desktop.

Thanks in advance,
David

Message-Id:ZSN7A2HW_5059065c4c9d0_267b1cf0a703452cf_sprut

No Events found!