Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 29th, 2015 21:00

Unable to connect

Unable to connect

Hi
I installed PocketCloud and ultra VNC. I can see my desktop from the iPhone.
When I try to connect it asks for a password, I don't know which.
I tried the gmail password, VNC password, no password

It gives the following message:

Remote Machine Unavailable
the remote machine you are trying to connect to is offline and unavailable

I would appreciate any assistance
Thanks

6 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

there is no home page, it runs from the tray
when i right click > properties it gives Auto Discovery Settings
there is no Edit tab

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No definitely not. I just checked with our Engineers are we are pretty stumped. If the connection is lighting up in the app then you shouldn't have a problem connecting. Can you try disabling your firewall in Windows 7?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-turn-off.html

I turned off the firewall, but that didn't help. The only other thing I was going to try was try to connect manually instead of auto discovery? In case it's an IP address problem? Pressing EDIT next to the connection that appears in the iPad only brings up nickname and password, no host settings available.

544 Posts

Cool. Sounds like your firewall at work isn't allowing the connection to fully complete. If that's the case then the connection is going to fail over a public IP. You'd have to ask your IT department to forward all VNC requests on port 5900 to your computer. Here are the instructions for a Home router: http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar.../faq.html#RDP4. Happy Holidays!

-Chris

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Badhatharry View Post
I already am using TightVNC

Do you have the PocketCloud Companion installed?

6 Posts

ok, new problem....
I can write in English only through the iPhone,
how do I define other languages?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Yeah you can try connecting via a manual conenction. To do that tap the "+" sign on the Home screen and select VNC. If both your computer and iPad are on the same WiFi network then type in the private IP address. If you are connection externally then type in your public IP address (which you can find at www.whatsmyip.net).

Creating a new manual connection using private IP's solves it. Does that mean I can't use auto discovery? I'll try later to connect remotely over public IP and hopefully that will work. I'll check back in later on, but thanks for your help.

No Events found!