Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 07:00

Why does the VNC option always reappear on my iPhone?

Why does the VNC option always reappear on my iPhone?

Everytime I open Pocket Cloud on my iPhone, I get a VNC connection added even though I have the free version and it's not available?

925 Posts

July 29th, 2015 07:00

VNC is available even with free version. You are limited to just one connection.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

I have to delete the RDP connection to even try to use the VNC connection.

So you are saying this is normal? I can connect using RDP but if I delete the RDP connection, the VNC connection doesn't connect. Is there an advantage with VNC over RDP? Is there something I have to configure on my pc to use VNC?

4 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

OK, just removed Ultra VNC from my machine and that keeps the connection from appearing on my iPhone. My issue is now that my users who are going to want to remote to their PSs all have the VNC server installed as a way for the helpdesk to remote in and work helpdesk issues. I guess I will just have to educate them or purchace the Pro version. Thanks for your help Chris. 

BTW, is there a way to mark this thread as resolved?

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AkAlan View Post

So you are saying this is normal? I can connect using RDP but if I delete the RDP connection, the VNC connection doesn't connect. Is there an advantage with VNC over RDP? Is there something I have to configure on my pc to use VNC?

Hi - What version of Windows are you running? You might have a VNC server installed that you need to get rid of. RDP is preferred over VNC as it supports sound and optimizes the resolution for your device.

-Chris

4 Posts

I am running Ultra VNC. I have removed it and will test the VNC connection just to see if it works. Would that be the reason it keeps reappearing on my iPhone as a connection? Thanks for your help.

No Events found!