Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 5th, 2015 06:00

Windows 8

Windows 8

I have PocketCloud working well on my iPad2 to connect to a windows 7 desktop, but now with the developer preview of windows 8, I see a black screen. The VM of windows 8 does show that pocketcloud has connected, but all I see is a blackscreen on the iPad. If anyone else has tried, I would like to know the level of success.

Thanks,

Jeff

544 Posts

Hey Guys - We don't support beta software. Windows 8 is not supported at this time.

-Chris

2 Posts

I'm having issues with Windows 8 as well but somewhat different. On the iPad (v1) i get the black screen too, and if I try to tap on it the PocketCloud application dies and exits. Trying the same from my Android phone, I'm presented with a graphically distorted lightblue image. It has some text on it but it's not readable. After a few seconds the connection dies.

RDP from my Windows Vista machine works just fine. The target win8 machine is setup to "allow connections from any version of Remote Desktop".

2 Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Hey Guys - We don't support beta software. Windows 8 is not supported at this time. -Chris

Thanks for your reply, Chris. It's of course understandable that you're not officially supporting Windows 8, considering it hasn't even reached beta yet.

Perhaps someone has some clever advise on how to overcome these issues. Considering that all other (PC) clients I've tested work just fine it shouldn't be a hard fix. That said I have no actual knowledge of the RDP protocol..

No Events found!