Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Wyse PocketCloud 2.0

Wyse PocketCloud 2.0

Hi,

Have updated to PocketCloud version 2 and come across a few usability issues with it:

When minimising the toolbar on the old version it left a little stub on the bottom right, now it disappears completely and seems to be no way to bring it back, meaning if I minimise then you can no longer choose the thin browser tool etc.

The transparent mouse tool is now too transparent, making it very difficult to see.

Moving the mouse tool to the right makes the screen auto-scroll, it scrolls way too early and it would be nice to be able to disable the auto scroll.

The mouse tool scroll above is inconsistent, it scrolls when moved to the right, but not if you move to the bottom (eg if you want to use it with the windows taskbar).

Craig

July 30th, 2015 03:00

I have to agree with you...unfortunately. Seems like the 2.0 version is a downgrade.

My biggest problem is with scrolling in IE on my Windows 7 box. When I use the up/down dragger from the Wyse control, the IE window starts scrolling madly on its own and can't be stopped. I also have a similar problem when clicking on the scroll bars. Pocket Cloud keeps scrolling multiple times. For me IE is now basically unusable.

I am also getting major rendering artifacts in IE when scrolling.

I agree that the Wyse control is now too transparent. All in all I am quite disappointed with this 'upgrade'. :-(

925 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Is this on ipad or iphone. does it appear when you chnage mode (landscape/portrait) horizontal/vertical
I dotn ahve my ipad to check it now.

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

It turns out that scrolling for all apps I've tested is completely broken in Version 2.0

In my Html editor, if I use the dragger bar in the transparent tool to initiate scrolling, the window starts scrolling and never stops until it reaches the end of the document. Hope that Wyse releases a fix ASAP. I can't use 2.0 at all any more.

August 6th, 2015 23:00

The problems I'm seeing are on an iPad when using 2.0 to connect to a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate desktop. Really surprised that Wyse let this upgrade out the door with such a major bug that could have been exposed with little more than 30 seconds of hands-on testing. Call me "Old School", but scrolling is core functionality that you'd expect would be at the top of a test suite whenever a new version is rolled out.

1 Message

Can not connect vmwarE ,view

My users are stuck, they cannot connect vmware view environment after upgrading to pocket cloud 2.0

How can I get help from wyse? They all are executives and sales manager of company. They are total 30 users

3 Posts

My window does not reconnect. Do you have the same problem. I have to exit the app and go back to it to reestablesh connection.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2015 00:00

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some help please!!!!!

925 Posts

regarding view, do your have the prelogin message turned on?

2 Posts

I also have an issue with refresh artifacts connecting to a windows 7 32bit pc with IE 8. 

Basically when I scroll in IE the video gets really ugly. If I then tap on the page everything will clear up.

925 Posts

hi cguy , I do see the stub on bottom. please check your settings and let me know , if your hide toolbar option is off or on and the chosen resolution. Thanks. Love to help!

925 Posts

Hi Ashres, what user message are you getting ?

925 Posts

Hi MadRed, which os does your remote machine host? is it 64 bit? Thanks!

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi MadRed, which os does your remote machine host? is it 64 bit? Thanks!

I am running windows 7 x64 pro, but how does it have anything to do with it? I am usind RDP, so the client should be able to reconnect after short loss of connectivity. The option in the settings is set to reconnect but it does not look like its working. Please advise as this is very annoying.

925 Posts

Hi cguy, what app are you using on your remote desktop when you did not see the stub? your settings screenshot will be useful and the chosen resolution.

Is anyone from Wyse monitoring this forum? I would have expected some kind of acknowledgement of a problem by now. What's going on?

No Events found!