Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

connecting with ipad to windows xp workstation - xp workstation computer screen black

connecting with ipad to windows xp workstation - xp workstation computer screen black

connecting with ipad to windows xp workstation to help an employee with a computer issue, it blacks his screen out and says for him to hit alt control to del to sign back in, in the mean time it does let me into his computer. however I need him to see some of the things I am doing for training.

Is there anyway to remote control his computer while he can still watch ? thanks

August 12th, 2015 08:00

Thank you! I was able to load the VNC to the workstations and it works like a champ. However, I have two more questions, I get an hung up about 7 or 8 times, where nothing will take, although it could be my ipad. my next question is if I am loading 20 workstations that i can remote control is there anyway to nickname these? I see the computer name come up but wasn't sure if there was any other way. 

Oh one more thing, because, the connection with my ipad is so intermittent does wyse have something I might be able to load to a windows computer so that I might have a backup in remoteing to all these workstations? thanks for dealing with me, totally new to this apple world.. 

1.3K Posts

As of right now, the only way to change the display name of a computer is to change the name of the computer itself for Windows. If you are using a OSX computer, you can rename the computer (how it displays in PocketCloud) from the Companion software. 

Also, we do not have a backup feature for connections as of right now. But I would highly suggest putting in a vote to add that functionality here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...-tablet-or-app

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

623 Posts

Yes. Install a VNC server on the PC. Using RDP you are loging into the PC as the local user. VNC allows you to remote shadow the device which lets you see and interact with the local user at the site.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!