Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 02:00

url schema for iOS not working

url schema for iOS not working

Hi all,

Ok, I believe I have the documentation located here pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ys-url-schemes memorized I have read over it so much. I'm not saying I've missed something but at any rate, I cannot get URL based files to work on the iPad, however, the same file will launch on an Android tablet. The problem there is that the android is running in 16 color mode while the a static connection to the same server using iPad is full color.

No matter what code I put in the test app to launch the pocketcloud app on iPad it comes back with an "Invalid RDP file" saying it must be UTF8 encoded and must have a 'full address' line which it meets all these requirements. Again, android on the same file works great. I have tried URL encoding and everything else I can think of... at this point I'm out of ideas. Also it is probably worth mentioning that the same file and path works fine when launching with iTapRDP, but we feel pocketcloud is MUCH faster and operates more smoothly.

Thanks,
Ken

12 Posts

headed your way!

Thanks,
Ken

Actually I need a way to send it to you as I can't post the info here in the forum. Can you send an email to  kknight -at- propertyboss.com ?

544 Posts

Ken - Can you send me your file and let me know what URL you are using?

Thanks,

Chris

12 Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

WooHoo! Got it working!

The problem is apparently PocketCloud is expecting an RDP filename in the url and doesn't allow the '?s=asdfoasdf' parameter I was trying to pass to my server. The work around was to utilize IIS 7's URL rewrite functionality. I added a map that uses the regular express of '^rdp_session/([_0-9a-z-]+).rdp' and maps it over to '/myapplication/tablet_login.awp?s={R:1}'. 

With the above rule;

http://mydomain.com/rdp_session/233412312312asff.rdp

becomes

http://mydomain.com/myapplication/ta...3412312312asff

in the background.

Gotta love URL rewriting!

Cheers!
Ken

12 Posts

Well it has nothing to do with the content-disposition. I used the php script to return exactly what you have as a sample and it launches pocketcloud and that is the end of it. No message or any other indicator.

The return packets from the php script are as follows;

=========================================

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Type: application/x-rdp
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
Content-disposition: inline; filename=3690986a861c449c977394b80230724c.rdp
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:51:04 GMT
Content-Length: 152

username:s:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pocketcloud password:s:xxxxxxxxxx
full address:s:xxxxxxxxxxx
server port:i:xxxxxxx
domain:s:xxxxxxxxx

=========================================

The url I'm attempting to launch pocketcloud with is as follows;

pocketcloud://mydomain.com/myapplication/tablet_rdp.awp?s=asdf98asdf0s9df9sdf9sdfs0d0

Cheers!
Ken

1 Message

Hi
I am having the same issue with version 2.2.214 of PocketCloud. In a previous version the same launch of PocketCloud was working.

Can anyone confirm this problem ?

ThomaS

12 Posts

Just did a packet capture and I see that my code (which is actually not in php.. I just used that as an example earlier) returns the following tcp stream;

================================================== ================
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 152
Content-Type: application/x-rdp
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
Set-Cookie: AWP_CSESSION=6BC739F8920C006915D382B1968C888C2E1A8 4B3; path=/
WebDevSrc: MEM application/x-rdp
Content-Disposition: Attachment; filename="3690986a861c449c977394b80230724c.rdp"
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:31:58 GMT

username:s:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pocketcloud password:s:xxxxxxxxxxxx
full address:s:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
server port:i:xxxxxx
domain:s:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

================================================== ================

Is it possible that the content-disposition being Attachment instead of 'inline' what is throwing it?

Thanks,
Ken

544 Posts

Thomas - There is a fix in our new build which may address your issue. It is due out in 2-3 weeks.

-Chris

12 Posts

Red face Still having problems with this

Hi all,

I need details on exactly what pocketcloud expects to receive from the call to the passed in URL. Things such as MIME type, document encoding etc. I've have tested until I'm blue in the face and this thing has yet to work. However, if I pass the same url in a browser and let it open on my desktop, with the exception of the pocketcloud specific tags, it will launch remote desktop and make a connection to the correct server with the correct username.

The URL format (example) that I'm using is like this;

pocketcloud://mydomain.com/tablet_loging.php?sess=GUID_String

This will return a valid rdp file (or at least what I'm calling a valid file), yet pocketcloud responds with an invalid bookmark URL or something of that nature.

The rdp files have to be delivered dynamically which is why I've got an app that authenticates them and then passes that session guid back to the server to hand out the correct RDP file for that user.

Any suggestions would be great as we'd like to get this rolled out sooner rather than later and sadly we're already into the later part. BTW I'm using this line of code to launch inside the iOS app

[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLwithString: launchURL]];

Thanks,
Ken

544 Posts

Hi Ken,

Our developers provided the sample PHP code below for you to try: 

header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Pragma: no-cache");
header("Content-type: application/x-rdp");
header("Content-disposition: inline; filename=mydesktop.rdp");

$param = $_GET['address'];

echo "full address:s:$param\n";
echo "username:s:someusername" 
?>

544 Posts

Hi Ken - You can e-mail it to iossupport@wyse.com
ATTN Chris

12 Posts

Beautiful. I'll give it a try this evening. I'll also do a packet capture on a desktop to see exactly what is being passed down from the server.

Thanks,
ken

No Events found!