Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 29th, 2015 04:00

Flashing a Thin Client to factory defaults

Flashing a Thin Client to factory defaults

Hi al!

Wondering if anyone can direct me to the proper way to go about flashing these devices.

I've downloaded the USB tool but I'm not sure which OS to choose when trying to flash the RX0L device. I ran the USB tool (not sure if any other steps need to be taken) and tried all the ports in the back of the device and set the device to boot to the USB stick.

Still I am always brought to the screen that complains of a Data Read error, press F1 to continue (Which reboots) or "Del" to enter setup...and doesn't boot to the device.

Anyone familiar with just flashing these things back?

I am really under the gun on this and need any assistance I can get.

Thank you!

623 Posts

May 29th, 2015 04:00

You need to know the device model you have. The RX0L only gives the hardware type. In the label on the back of the device, it will tell you what it is underneath the Model No. It should read something like:
R90L 1.5G 4GF/2GR IW
Which translate to an R90L (Windows XPe) running at 1.5Ghz with 4GB of Flash and 2GB RAM with internal wireless.
Other models include:
R50L = Suse Linux
R10L = Wyse ThinOS
R90LW = Windows Embedded 2009
R90L7 = Windows Embedded Standard 7
R00L = No OS/No Flash - A streaming device with no image
By knowing the OS, you'll be able to use the USB firmware tool to image the device.
Hope this information helps.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

June 28th, 2018 10:00

Hello, I know this is 3 years late, but I am trying to understand what I have here.

I have the R00L, but you say it has no image?

When I power up, there is no OS installed.  How do I reinstall Windows on it?

R00L = No OS/No Flash - A stre aming device with no image

Thanks

No Events found!