Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 8th, 2018 12:00

Wyse Easy Setup

I have recently deployed Wyse Management Suite and configured Policies for company Thin clients. But for some reason there is no options for configuring Wyse Easy Setup in WES policy tabs. I have installed it locally and it works fine, but as soon as I register the TC on WMS console local settings are getting discarded and none applied. Please, can somebody tell me how do I make policy for Easy Setup to show-up in WMS?

And another issue is that there is seems to be no way to configure Appliance Mode or Wyse Easy Setup to do Citrix application Autostart and save Authentication credentials when StoreFront is used. It seems like a simple task, I just need to configure a Kiosk mode to Login and launch and app from Citrix StoreFront store on startup. HP Easy Shell used to do this for me with ease, but it causing me pain on Wyse terminals...

Thanks for any help!

3 Apprentice

• 

737 Posts

September 5th, 2018 09:00

under WMS 1.2 Easy Setup management is only available in the paid, Pro version of WMS.  It is possible that the next version of WMS 1.3 may support this feature in the standard version.  My suggestion is to reach out to your Dell sales team to confirm, or upgrade your WMS from standard to pro.

56 Posts

September 13th, 2018 09:00

I am able to see this in WMS 1.2 Standard version. After enabling kiosk mode in WMS for a group of devices, I am able to confirm that the changes reached the devices and are being invoked.

I did run a WMS 1.2 Pro trial on this server before uninstalling it and reinstalling it as a WMS Standard. Maybe I got lucky from leftover garbage from the trial.

No Events found!