Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2015 09:00

Digital Camera Passthrough

Digital Camera Passthrough

We are new to the Thin Client world and are looking to move our office from full PCs to C10LE running ThinOS with a Terminal Server 2008 R2 backend.

We have run into a problem that I can't seem to find a solution to yet. We have quite a few different digital camera's through the office and as of yet I have not been able to get a single camera to pass through the C10LE ThinOS device to the terminal server. If I take a Windows 7 workstation and connect to the terminal server and connect the cameras up, they all pass through to the server and I can pull the images.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get the cameras to pass through the C10LE ThinOS device?

What I ran into is that the TCX Suite on the server didn't seem to be answering the USB pass through. Ended up restarting the "Wyse Technology Inc., USB Virtualizer" service. Once that service had restarted the window would pop up for the TCX Suite asking if the attached camera should be allowed to proceed or not.

10 Posts

Wyse ThinOS zero terminal connections, play hd video VMWare View and Flash at youtobe.com/Wyse ThinOS zero terminal connections.

Ideal is the beacon. Without ideal , there is no secure direction ; without direction , there is no life

All things are difficult before they are easy.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 17th, 2015 12:00

I’ve used camcorders both as pass-through devices and as digital VCRs and I find the digital VCR mode to be the most reliable way to transfer the footage, though it involves two steps (record and download) vs. the pass-through’s single step. Sometimes when using the camcorder as a pass-through device the computer loses its lock on the signal and the transfer is interrupted halfway through.

model poses

3 Posts

I have not got it!

Tera Items

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

For what you are wanting or needing you would want at least a 2.1 MP which are fairly good priced right now. I love all the Olympus brands myself, and it;s very useful for me as photographer for capturing some wonderful model posing. and I've just found some good tips and posing guide for almost 60 model posing style at promodelposes.com which is probably helpful for me. you probably don't need one like mine, the C series.

We have quite a few different digital camera's through the office and as of yet I have not been able to get a single camera to pass through the C10LE ThinOS device to the terminal server. If I take a Windows 7 workstation and connect to the terminal server and connect the cameras up, they all pass through to the server and I can pull the images.

No Events found!