I have a problem with an R10L with WTOS 7.1_22
on startup after the bios check, displays:

Fixed Disk 0: 128MB ATA Flash Disk
Mouse Initialized
System Configuration data updated
ERROR
System Configuration DATA Read Error
Press to resume, to Setup

This occurred after an erroneous unplug of the power cord while the Thin-Client was booting up.
Before of that was working correctly, the wnos.ini was loaded from a FTP-Server and the "MirrorFileserver" option was set Yes to save locally the configuration files.

If I press F1 the R10L restarts and return the same error, if I press DEL, prompts the BIOS Password (I have it in case)
For the moment I tried nothing (not even relod default bios values), is there a way to restore startup files? Copying the flash from another one might work? Using WDM? There is a sort of restore image file?

Thanks

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 07:00

It is hardware error. Take out Dimms and cpu or any other hardware which is possible. Then clean them and put them back. I had the same problem and i did that and now system is working fine

1 Message

June 25th, 2015 15:00

Hi all,
My first post and quite a newbie to Thin Clients and Wyse. Jst piggy-backing this question as have experienced the same issue with a number of our Wyse terminals. Excuse my ignorance but where can I get a copy of the WTOS to solve this issue??

Thanks in advance!

7 Posts

Hmmm, the R10L is new, I was configuring/testing it before handing to the end users, I do no want to void the warranty by opening the case and touch something inside.

7 Posts

Ok, I have solved, had to create a USB Key and reinstall WTOS from that.

THX all.

7 Posts

I had to open a tiket on the online support, the assistance gave me instructions to download the necessary files and procedures.

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreco View Post

Hmmm, the R10L is new, I was configuring/testing it before handing to the end users, I do no want to void the warranty by opening the case and touch something inside.
Did your problem have been solved?

7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordOwen View Post
Did your problem have been solved?

Not yet, I asked the official support and I'm waiting for an answer.

No Events found!