Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 21:00

RDP logon delay

RDP logon delay

Hi - just getting my feet wet with a C10LE. 

I have a Win7 VM which I can access by RDP with no problems from PC, Mac etc. However, the Wyse device will sit trying to connect for ~60 seconds before actually logging in.

Once in, everything zooms along just fine. I haven't setup any server ini files. Just plugging things into the interface. Any thoughts much appreciated.

4 Posts

FIXED! Thanks both of you. Disabling NLA on the VM side had no effect. But the moment I disabled it on the Wyse (Global Connection Settings / RDP), it logged on immediately. I love the feeling of a freshly squashed bug. Okay, probably not technically a bug, but problem solved!

29 Posts

enable/disable NLA in WTOS

on the client side you can enable/disable NLA either in the WNOS.INI file.
or in the GUI.. in the connection Manager click the Global Connection Settings.
then look under the RDP tab. you should see the option to enable NLA. 
clear the box to disable the client setting.
to disable on the Host VM. under the Remote Desktop in System Properties choose the middle option to allow connections running any version of remote desktop.

4 Posts

Verson 7.0_113. Thx for the idea. You mean NLA on the VM's Remote settings right? I don't see any settings on the Wsye box for that. I just tried a Win2000 server, bam. Works right. Win2003, same. Win2008, 60 second delay, just like the Win7 VM I'm trying to setup. Once the user is done with that VM I can do more testing.

Last edited by tomoy; 04-28-2011 at 05:32 PM.

167 Posts

very odd... what version are you on? Try enabling/disabling NLA (network level authentication) to see if that helps. The delay you are seeing is from the moment you click on the connection to when you see a login screen or are you referring to it taking 60 seconds to bootup?

Try playing with the other connection options as well. I havent seen this issue specifically so sorry no direct answer

No Events found!