Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

3 Posts

November 7th, 2018 11:00

Thin OS and Citrix receiver version.

How often is the Citrix Receiver version updated? We are running the latest Thin OS which is 8.5_017 but the Receiver version is still 14.0.49029. Citrix support is telling me that the minimum version e need to be is 14.9 in order to be able to use seamless applications with XenApp 7.15. Thanks

1 Message

December 20th, 2018 06:00

That's a very good question and something I want an answer from Dell/Wyse as well. Actually waiting for an answer on that for ages already. Citrix reciever version is very important for a well working Citrix environment and I wish Dell would put more effort in keeping the reciever up to date in WTOS.

13 Posts

January 26th, 2019 10:00

... Especially since it's not even called Receiver anymore.  I would like to see the Workspace replacement show up in WTOS.

2 Posts

February 14th, 2019 00:00

Hi, Even we are running the latest Thin OS which is 8.5_017 but the Receiver version is still 14.0.49029 and similarly Citrix Support informed me that the minimum version required to be 14.9 (Receiver 4.9) in order to be able to use seamless applications with XenApp 7.15. I have not yet got any information from Dell Wyse on this. It would be really helpful if anyone has any update that you are aware of.

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

February 14th, 2019 06:00

The version of Receiver in ThinOS is a customized version and will never correlate directly with a windows or linux build of the receiver from Citrix.  The version of receiver in the firmware is 100% compatible with 7.15 and seamless apps.  If you are having a specific problem with receiver on ThinOS, open a Dell support ticket and if it requires escalation and interaction with Citrix Dell will escalate to resolution. 

3 Posts

March 21st, 2019 15:00

I have heard there are no more Receiver updates until a new ThinOS version in Dec 2019!

14 Posts

May 1st, 2019 11:00

@sdurrant wrote:
I have heard there are no more Receiver updates until a new ThinOS version in Dec 2019!

That's not true.  With each iteration there is usually a new Citrix Receiver version.  We are on 8.6_013 which is Receiver 14.0.51356.  I'm now testing firmware update 8.6_019 which is using Receiver version 14.0.52748.

To the others in this thread, i would suggest reading the version release notes and or at least the major release notes because it states what versions of Citrix were tested and also states what features are available in the Citrix Receiver versions.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/wyse-thinos-maintenance/manuals

For example in the 8.6 Release notes, page 5 has the Citrix Feature Matrix which indicates the supported features and non-supported

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/wyse-thinos-maintenance_release-notes11_en-us.pdf

I know for myself and my experience with opening tickets with Dell they've been very responsive and at least logging my issues as a known issue and then addressing them between 8.2 when we started with WTOS to now 8.6.  As another users stated, open a ticket and they're usually very helpful.

No Events found!