Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 9th, 2016 18:00

Wyse T10 Thin Client not respecting Connection Broker/RDS Farm "Bypass RD Gateway for local addresses"

I currently have an RDS 2012 Farm deployed in Session-Host Mode with a server for the RD Connection Broker server, and a separate server with the RD Web + RD Gateway roles, and separate servers for the RD Session Hosts. Our RDS Farm deployment is set to use an RD Gateway with “Bypass RD Gateway for local addresses”. We need this, as we have some users accessing our RDS Farm externally through RD Web access using RD Gateway outside of our LAN.

All of our Windows 7-Windows 10 machines and their RDP clients respect the “Bypass RD Gateway for local addresses” setting, but our Wyse C10LE and Dell Wyse 3010 (T10) devices do not bypass the RD Gateway when inside the local LAN. They are set up in VDI mode, and use a Connection Broker entry instead of direct RDP connections. They can resolve the DNS of the RD Session Host and reach port 3389 directly. These are the only two criteria that “Bypass RD Gateway for local addresses” checks for. The thin clients are running ThinOS firmware version “8.3_011”.

I have searched for hours for any settings I may have missed in the WNOS.ini file that would cause the Wyse thin clients ignore the “Bypass RD Gateway for local addresses” setting passed from the RD Connection Broker. I cannot find anyone else who has solved this on the Microsoft forums, or elsewhere.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

1 Message

April 18th, 2017 16:00

Did you found a solution for this. I ended turning off the RD Gateway to use our ThinOS clients

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2017 17:00

Have you actually been able to get the Wyse connections to be load balanced across your farm/collection? 

I've been running Wyse with Windows 2008R2 Farm for years and am now in the process of changing to a Windows 2016 RDS collection.  Running in to problems in being able to get the Wyse to use them as a collection.  Connecting to individual servers works, but is not balanced and a backward step for functionality.

560 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 09:00

Tech2U,

this may be an issue with your firmware version. Make sure that your thin client is updated to the latest version. As of today, that would be 8.4_109 for the following devices: 3010,3020,5010,5040,7010,3030LT, and 5060. If you have a different product, please go to the digital locker to verify what the latest version is for your product.

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 09:00

I am having the same problem.  If I put in the name of the gateway server I get logged in but ifI put in the name of our connection broker it fails login.

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 17:00

Hi Roger,

I have a software maintenance that I purchased through Wyse, which is valid until Jan 2019.  When I go support.wyse.com My Downloads, I don't see this 8.4_109.  If I try and use the Digital Locker it says I have nothing and need to register a product?  Will I now need to purchase another software maintenance agreement?

560 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 20:00

You will have to contact tech support to resolve this issue, since your software maintenance is still valid.

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 22:00

Do you have an email address for technical support or is it phone only?  If I try and use the website it wants service tag to be abel to correctly route me to the correct support agent...  Don't have a service tag for this

560 Posts

June 23rd, 2017 09:00

You can go to the following URL to get information on how to get an asset tag based on you Serial number: http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/locate-service-tag/Wyse This will allow you to open a case through TechDirect over the web.

No Events found!