Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W2

June 22nd, 2015 06:00

Wyse V10LE freezes when printing

Question  Wyse V10LE freezes when printing

I have a Wyse V10LE, firmware v7.0_113. I have connected an Epson Workforce 630 printer via USB to the USB port on the Wyse. In Printer I entered the Printer Identification as EPSON WorkForce 630 Series and when connected to a Windows 7 x64 Professional session, the printer is properly mapped. The print driver is correct because from within Windows itself I can print fine when not using the Wyse.

However, when I am connected to RDP with the Wyse to this Windows 7 machine, if I try to even print a test page the whole RDP session hangs, and the printer says "Printing..." and the light is flashing. Nothing ever prints. 

Printing a test page from within Wyse itself works. I have configured PCL5, PS and TXT but it makes no difference in the Printer settings in the Wyse. I only configured the Printer tab - I ignored the LPD and SMB tabs.

Any insights?

5 Posts

June 25th, 2015 10:00

I'm having a similar problem, only w/ Server 2008 R2, w/ both V10L and V10LE terminals. Text documents print fine (Word, test pages, etc.) in the RDP session. Anything w/ graphics (TIF, PDF) freezes the session. We're using the same firmware and have tried numerous printers and drivers.

We're experiencing this on every Server 2008 R2 terminal server we've deployed, but only w/ Wyse terminals. HP terminals are printing fine.

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by KiteTech View Post
I'm having a similar problem, only w/ Server 2008 R2, w/ both V10L and V10LE terminals. Text documents print fine (Word, test pages, etc.) in the RDP session. Anything w/ graphics (TIF, PDF) freezes the session. We're using the same firmware and have tried numerous printers and drivers.

We're experiencing this on every Server 2008 R2 terminal server we've deployed, but only w/ Wyse terminals. HP terminals are printing fine.

We have the same problem.

WYSE S10 Terminals, Windows Server 2008 R2, with USB printers. Printers are configured properly, mapping works fine. Users can print from WORD, OUTLOOK, etc... But any time a user tries to print a PDF or other image, the session freezes up, and nothing ever prints.

This is extremely frustrating, as this client has approximately 30 WYSE terminals, and we have tried everything to get them to work.

Upgraded from Server 2008 to Server 2008 R2, every driver re vision possible, absolutely have explored every troubleshoothing solution, and nothing makes any difference.

Does nobody at WYSE have an explanation or suggestion for this issue??????????

3 Posts

Hi, Does anyone have another option than still use 6.5.0_23 to issue this problem ? Thanks u.

sticker printing | folder printing

June 25th, 2015 11:00

Using the WYSE Terminal, Printer configured properly and mapping work. Normally printer works properly and done jobs accurately as text document and other files. Some times Using the PDF file or Place the order for some imaging prints, Printer shows the working but all the system hangs. This is how the I faced the problem regarding using this Firmware "Wyse V10LE, firmware v7.0_113".

sticker printing | custom stickers

June 25th, 2015 11:00

I want to know the reason why i turn on my printer ,the light is not work ??

--------------------------
led bulbs wholesale

1 Message

July 22nd, 2015 09:00

Freezing

Anyone ever figure this out? Its annoying as anything....I can print plain text from Word, Excel, Notepad, etc. without an issue, but the second we try and print something with any kind of image, it freezes.

No Events found!