Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2015 04:00

Provision Disk failes at stage 2 of 6

Provision Disk failes at stage 2 of 6

I am currently trying to test mobile clients, in other words; provisioning disk for offline usage on a laptop.

I think I've set every in order on the WSM server, enabling Mobile mode on the devices group, etc.

I boot from the network on a volatile image, i click the little hard drive icon and select provision disk.

Creating Partisions, Task failed.

This is being done with a domain administrator account. Domain Admins are local administrators on the image.

I've had similiar probles with creating partisjons using the capture process to create stand alone partisjons for profile data. I think it might be related..

Anyone solved this?

32 Posts

June 4th, 2015 04:00

I found a possible solution to this problen in the archives, I will try this tomorrow and let you all know how what I did. My OS is probably norwegian AFAIR

The WSM client is using the command "Format" w/ option "/y" to force a no prompt formatting of the hard disk. This may cause the WSM Client to fail in Step 2 of 6 of the provisioning process when using Non-English OS Images.

In such scenario, the "/y" option must be translated to other letters for a Non-English OS, e.g. in German it must be "/J", in French "/O". You can specify a different letter to use when formatting the drive. Note that you don't need this if "Y" is the correct letter to use.

The steps:
1. Find out your current language identifier on msdn.microsoft.com/.../libr...93(VS.85).aspx
For example, in a typical English OS the langid is 0x0009 (Primary 09, sublanguage 00), German is 0x0007 (Primary 07, sublanguage 00), French is 0x000C, sublanguage 00), Norwegian is 0x0014.

2. Change the OS Image to private mode and stream it to a device

3. Create a key under HKLM\Software\Wyse\WSM\ClientConfig\L<4 digits langid> ("e.g. "L000C" for French or "L0014" for Norwegian)

4. Add registry value "Yes" = " "

There are a few samples in the registry we shipped.

32 Posts

June 5th, 2015 06:00

This worked 

32 Posts

It was 3.6.0 with a patch, cant remeber which, im not infront of my lab right now. Probably not 3.6.1, since I would think that alle the neccessary reg values is whats changed in that version (?)
The client OS was Norwegian

200 Posts

This has been fixed in WSM 3.6.1 and above as more local return values have been added.
What version are you using?
Which Client OS language?

Would it affect the stability of WOL and Windows logon time? People says that the past week it've gotten slower and slower, and more clients dont get DHCP on the first boot attempt. Could those sync problems that have been for 1 week have occured this?

Scarlett

200 Posts

Hello Scarlett, 
I'm sorry but I don't understand the releation of your post in regards to the issue discussed in this thread. 
If you observe anomalies in the operation of WSM, please open a new topic and/or a Support Case with Dell Wyse Support via the Self-Service Portal.

#Iwork4Dell

No Events found!