how to reset WSM Admin Console?

Hello,

We need to reset WSM Admin Console?

We tried but no use.

Thank You

200 Posts

June 4th, 2015 04:00

Hi Bazzoka,

below are the steps to reset the password for the WSM Admin Console. 
I have tested with WSM 5.0.1 but I highly recommend to create a backup of the current state of the wsmdb on the SQL server before editing anyhing in the database tables!

1. Close the WSM Admin Console on all WSM Servers. 
2. Open SQL Management Studio*, open the StreamingDB database and edit the dbo.OTUsers table. *If you use the SQL Express Instance from WSMSuite.exe and used the default settins, log on with user SA and password password@123
3. Replace the current password for the admin user with this one: ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAfww== This will reset the password back to admin. 
4. Open the WSM GUI and enter admin / admin and you should get a successful login.

200 Posts

June 4th, 2015 04:00

Sorry, I don't understand the problem, can you please explain a bit more in detail.
There is no way to "reset" the WSM Admin Console as is more or less just a website displaying configuration data from the WSM database.
You can "reset" the configuration by restoring a backup of the WSM database or start over with an empty database by reinstalling WSM (StreamingDir will not be touched and remains on disk). There are instructions available how to reset the admin password or to clean up the database by creating a new one but I'm afraid this would be on your own risk.

No Events found!