Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2015 07:00

image peculiarities

image peculiarities

So I have my images all buttoned down (or so I think) and I see some variances between the clients.. I have 16 computers booting one volatile image and it seems only 1/2 of them get the NTP info I hard coded into the image master.. Also. I set the power option (labeled as WSM Performance in Control Panel> Power Options) to NOT turn the monitor off after 20 minutes (seemed like a bad option in a Public Library) and they all turn off.. If anyone has any tips on applying settings uniformly I am all ears..

200 Posts

June 4th, 2015 08:00

Strange, have you checked that the settings are applied and visible on every client as you have set it on the reference device?
Windows may overwrite these settings with defaults if it finds new hardware but thats just guessing.
The best way to ensure uniform settings are GPOs, and the best of using this solution is that you don't have to touch the Master Image if you just want to apply some changes.
Having said this - it's all Windows and WSM just virtualize the hard disk and hence everything would be similiar to a cloned PC. Maybe this helps you figuring out why some settings are not sticky.

No Events found!