Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 20th, 2015 09:00

C90LEW no operating system found / USB error

C90LEW no operating system found / USB error

Hi all,

I have a problem with one of our C90LEW devices.
On boot we get the error that no operating system is found.

To try and resolve this I downloaded new firmware from the support website (ACA0_S718_2048.exe) and flashed it to an USB-stick with the USB firmware tool (ver 1.16).

When I try to flash this to my thin client, after about half a minute I get the following error :
unable to open the file to read size of flash drive

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here ?
I have used the latest and the first version of the USB firmware tool, same result.

Best Regards

May 20th, 2015 09:00

The steps you are doing are perfect.Try uninstalling it and then installing them again.I hope that might help you.

property recruitment

623 Posts

May 28th, 2015 08:00

Schelue1004,
Verify that you do have a flash drive installed on the device. Go to Setup by turning off the TC, then press and hold the Delete key. When prompted for a password enter "Fireport" (without the quotes. Verify that a Flash is installed. If it doesn't show one, than that is probably the reason why it won't re-image so you may have to send it in for repair.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

May 28th, 2015 08:00

Same Problem

I Have the same Problem with a Thin Client.

I try and resolve this I downloaded new firmware from the support website (ACA0_S718_2048.exe) and flashed it to an USB-stick with the USB firmware tool (v1.18.0.5) too.

Run the Tool as Administrator on a Win7 Client. You can't choose the false OS because the USB Tools give an error about this.

What I noticed is when I start the TC and press "P" I can select LAN or USB. On another TC i have flash drive as another possibility option.

No Events found!