Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

May 21st, 2015 05:00

SID's are not Unique When Using USB Firmware Tool to Image C90LEW Thin Clients

SID's are not Unique When Using USB Firmware Tool to Image C90LEW Thin Clients

When I use the USB Firmware Tool to PULL an image from a Thin Client (as I should), then use that same flash drive to PUSH that image to a different Thin Client (both C90LEW thin clients), the SID is the same on both machines. This will cause issues with certain software we use. Is there a way to capture the image or apply the image with different SID's? Please help ASAP. Thank you.

67 Posts

Check out Wyse KB article
Solution 21542: Windows Embedded Standard - How to Prepare an Image for Deployment

This does not help me in any way. First of all, I am working with Windows Embedded Standard, and the article only shows how to image with WES7 and XPe, neither of which are Embedded Standard. Secondly, I have ALREADY captured an image and rolled it out, but the same SID is rolling over to every thin client I image. A write filter would not cause this issue, as the SID is captured from the original image, and is overwriting all new thin client SIDs with this one. Please assist me on the SID issue. Thank you.

May 21st, 2015 06:00

Thank you very much. That worked! If there is documentation for this, it is either not easily explained or not easily found, because I could find nothing that stated this.

29 Posts

May 21st, 2015 06:00

need to run prepforman.bat

take a look in the Windows\setup folder on the terminal.
before you capture the image.. you need to disable WF.. run the batch file prepforman.bat.
it runs a tool called FBReseal.. this is the MS tool for Windows Embedded Standard 2009 and XPE to "Sysprep" the box. it is a critical step in the image deployment process so as to not have the same SID on every box.
also all Windows Embedded Standard 2009 is .. is XPE with SP3..
after you run the tool you must capture the image before the boot process completes. this way when you deploy the image on the new terminals when it boots it goes through "starting windows for the first time" process.

hope this helps.

No Events found!