Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 01:00

X90L very slow to complete boot

X90L very slow to complete boot

WE have a number of X90L's in house and have started to update them to the latest firmware release. (648) I have noticed that once it has logged in there is a 3-5 min lag before the devices fully boots. It seems that it may be networking.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2 Posts

July 9th, 2015 03:00

Thumbs down welp that *** :(

I got an e-mail from someone at Wyse and they said that's just how it is, pretty much. They said it's a common problem with any Windows device which is why people don't tend to use Windows Wireless for their setup and choose a different client instead. I know the RALink client is free which is the manufacturer for the wireless cards that come in the X90L/E. The Odyssey Access Client is also an option although it is not free (trial available).
We use the WZC for wireless on all of our other full blown windows xp notebooks and have never had any issues with this. My only guess is that these Wyse notebooks just aren't very fast (I think they are running at 1.2ghz and only 1Gb of ram) which is why the services take so long to startup.
I'm getting around my issue with Citrix by running a script at startup that waits about 45 seconds before it launches Citrix. I also Disable services that are unnecessary which also helps.
There is a setting in Group Policy under Computer Configuration that's called something like 'Wait for connection before logon' and I gave that a whirl with a not so positive result. It sits there on startup stating it's waiting for connection, then windows logon comes up, you login and still wait a good 20 seconds before the wireless icon appears in the tray and attempts to connect.

2 Posts

You find out anything on this issue yet davef?
We also have the same issue with X90L's and X90LE's with the stock SP2 image from Wyse and the latest SP3 image. It appears as if all the services just take a while to Start and in the meantime the Wireless Zero Configuration service is in a Stopping state until all the others complete. This is an issue for us since we use the Citrix Program Neighborhood Agent and apply Group Policies at logon and these are wireless only devices so we need the pre-logon connection to actually work.
I've tried to Disable some of the svchost.exe -netsvcs services (like automatic updates and task scheduler...one's we won't need) and that has sped up the process a little bit, but still not even close to enough. We use computer certificate authentication which is why we use Wireless Zero, but this seems to be an issue before any wireless profiles are even applied to begin with.

My boss is going to get me a contact over at Wyse so maybe I can find out something about this and post here. I'm hoping these devices aren't just too slow...

1 Message

90LEW Thin Clients; VIA 1GHz; 2GB Flash / 1GB RAM DDR2; Gigabit Ethernet; Windows Embedded Standard 2009Higher and Better Video PerformanceThe Wyse C90LEW thin client features a separate graphic accelerator for unparalleled performance in its class. The ultra low power media system processor delivers rich multimedia and video playback up to 1080p HD resolution.Fast Start-UpPowered by VIA ULV

Updates On Windows 7 || Microsoft Tech Support

No Events found!