Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 21st, 2015 05:00

C90LE7 - Hold shift at logoff not registered

Question C90LE7 - Hold shift at logoff not registered

I have a C90LE7 with a fresh build installed. Build was downloaded from Wyse in December. The device automatically logs on as User. Whilst holding down shift I click on Start>Logoff and continue to hold down shift, expecting to see the logon screen but instead it whips straight through to Welcome... then the standard User profile is loaded. Are there any known issues here?

623 Posts

This is a know WES 7 issue that we are waiting for a resolution from Microsoft.Sorry for the agravation.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, I noticed that too. We just bought a R90LE7 for testing purposes.
I't seems that USB keyboards doesn't work as expected (or rather, you have to hit the shift at a very precise moment).

I switched to a PS2 keyboard and now it works fine.

1 Message

May 29th, 2015 02:00

So is this issue resolved? I have spent the last hour attempting to get a remote session on our terminal server with an EVALUATION C90LE7 and traced the problem back to the client not being configured well enough in the beginning. Well that, or the fact you guys' documentation is worthless and near non-existent. I've spent another hour searching online for a user's manual other than the generic burning material you sent with the client which covers the basics of all models and is almost useless to an administrator who will hopefully never reach the point of deploying these into their company due to the inability to configure. 

So let me recap and simplify:

I need the client to log on as administrator to resolve a remote certificate issue.
In order to do so, I need administrative access.
I know there is a way.
After searching WYSE website, I can't find a C90LE7 manual.
I have resorted to the www to find methods of logging on as administrator.
With the very few finds where people could log on, none worked for this client.
I know about shift+logoff(DOES NOT WORK)
I know about shift while numlock flashes on reboot(DOES NOT WORK)

So what are your suggestions before I send this paperweight back? 

Don't dare point me to your knowledge base either. That is a worthless attempt at not providing a technical support number on the WYSE website. Maybe a phone number to a tech rep(also non-existent on your website). Support for WYSE is a 0/10 so far and I have already had to purchase a few of the linux versions due to the fact our old thin client provider stopped supporting a feature we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post
This is a know WES 7 issue that we are waiting for a resolution from Microsoft.Sorry for the agravation.

And yes AGGRAVATION(http://tinyurl.com/3mqhgv3)is at an all time high with this brick.

1 Message

May 29th, 2015 03:00

Are there any news on this? This is is a serious issue im trying to get around. It has been months since it was reported. It's a little ridiculous.

1 Message

June 1st, 2015 03:00

I've found that when viewing the client with Remote Shadow from a Wyse Device Manager - it will respond to the shift key being pressed every single time. 

However this doesn't help if you can't get connected to it over the network in the first place.

Z90D7s are shipping without PS2 ports on them at all. That makes people really screwed if they ever have to do any admin work on them. 

Better figure this one out quickly.

No Events found!