Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 18th, 2015 06:00

D90D7 slow to find Network

D90D7 slow to find Network

We recently purchased a new batch of D90D7 to replace our ageing WT3125SE's. The new devices are "slow to see the LAN".

1. When set to use DHCP, the devices are slow to pickup IP addresses from our DHCP server.
2. As a consequence of the above, they fail to locate the RDS server. Waiting around 10-15 seconds sees them accept the DHCP address and then RDS sessions can connect.
3. When set to DHCP they revert to an AutoIP address then send the DHCP discover request
4. When set to a static IP Address and they attempt to connect to the RDS server after a restart, the devices say they cant see the RDS server by its netbios name or IP address in the rdp connection settings.

None of our Desktops or older thin clients are having this problem.

I was initially concerned that the response time from our DHCP server and RDS server may have been an issue but the responses from both are less than 1 ms.

RDS Server is a Server 2008 R2, Gigabit LAN.

2 Posts

May 18th, 2015 07:00

I'm having the same problems. Sometimes when the Wyse is rebooted it goes to state "Applying Settings" and stays there forever. The only way to have access to the desktop is to pull out the Ethernet cable, reboot the Wyse and after it's started, connect the Ethernet cable again. It's configured with Fixed IP address and the XML config file is in a local folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fernando

15 Posts

May 28th, 2015 04:00

Hi Feortegas, sadly no progress on this.

We are looking for an alternative thin client as we are a Dell site (PC's, Thin clients, switches, Servers) and are surprised this is happening. A test of two HP thin clients for 2 weeks showed they worked fine

3 Posts

December 16th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

i have the same problem, have you found any solution?

Greetings

560 Posts

December 21st, 2016 07:00

Verify that your firmware is at least at version v9.08 B895

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 00:00

Thanks for the reply,

i have not enough space for this firmware version, the last version that fit is 9.04!

My Thinclients only have 4Gb card installed

Kind Regards

6 Posts

January 2nd, 2017 14:00

Greetings!

Stop and disable the RIP Listener service and see if that helps.  It definitely helped for us!

JB

3 Posts

February 9th, 2017 01:00

Hello, 

i found the solution, there was the wrong Cisco ip-helper adress in the Routerconfig.

Thanks for your help !

No Events found!