Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2015 09:00

Problems with Canon LiDE 110 on Z90D7

Question Problems with Canon LiDE 110 on Z90D7

Trying to get a Canon LiDE 110 USB scanner working with a Z90D7. I've installed the driver and the scanner is recognized, but when I try to do a Preview or Scan using the driver interface, the imaging bar in the scanner slides about a quarter of an inch, then stops.

I've tested this scanner on a Dell PC running Windows 7 as well as a Mac, and it works fine on both. I also tried it in all available USB ports on the Z90D7 since it almost seemed like it wasn't getting enough power - no difference.

Also tried the scanner on the USB port on the back of my KVM switch, and via the USB ports on an LCD monitor, again thinking it might be power - no difference. Scanned successfully to the PC via all those ports.

Any ideas?

May 28th, 2015 10:00

Responding to my own post here, as I have more info to work with now.

Wyse asked me to download the latest firmware because we were one minor release behind. Did that, reinstalled the Canon LiDE drivers, made no difference.

In the meantime, I acquired an Epson USB scanner that uses a separate power supply. Installed its drivers, and it works like a champ with the Z90D7. Unfortunately, its also about 6x the size of the tiny Canon USB-powered scanner, and we check these out in our labs, so we're hoping to avoid something that large and something with yet another power adapter to lose or break.

We're ordering a dual USB Y-cable to try with the Canon scanner - the kind you normally see used to pull power from two USB ports to power an external drive. Since this seems like it might be USB power related, I'm hopeful the Y-cable will work with the USB-powered Canon as we have quite a few of them in use across the 36 labs we manage.

Anyone else have good or bad experiences with USB-powered scanners, of any brand, and Wyse thin clients?

No Events found!