Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2015 03:00

Wyse Xenith 1.7 - Deploying unique INI settings based on client name/MAC address

Question Wyse Xenith 1.7 - Deploying unique INI settings based on client name/MAC address

My goal is to assign SMB printers for specific subsets of deployed terminals. I found the mac.ini method vaguely mentioned in a few vague posts relating to older, non-Zero thin clients but no definitive answer whether this is supported by the Xeniths. Any knowledgeable individuals care to shed some light on this?

10 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 06:00

Use the mac.ini for all my Xenith Pros. Basically just create an inc folder under the wnos folder and drop a file named .ini in the folder. In your Xen.ini file include at the very bottom a line include=mac.ini. The is replaced with the mac address of the thin client. If your using the Wyse Device Manager you can download a tool from FreeWyseMonkeys.com that will query the DB and create the mac.ini files for you for all the devices in the DB. 

I use it to set the terminal name to match the name my corporate office assigned each Xenith when they purchased them.

623 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 07:00

You may want to use caution with following the recommendation above, as that functionality, while it may work for now, It's only support for ThinOS, not the Xenith platform and may be removed in the future without notice. Go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for "Documentatio xenith" and you should be able to download the admin guide for Xenith 1.7 and 2.0 for more details.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10 Posts

June 9th, 2015 08:00

So what is the recommended method of managing the Xeniths that have different settings if not by using a mac.ini file?

The mac.ini file was actually the solution Wyse support provided when we first purchased the 1400 thin clients.

No Events found!