Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 14th, 2018 14:00

5 interactions with Dell support, 2 video cards, still broken computer

I consulted with 3 different tech support folks at dell to determine the best video card upgrade for my XPS 8700.  I finally purchased what was suggested. I get it and the card isn't compatible with my monitor. Spoke to support AGAIN. They had to get approval to send me a replacement part. I received my replacement part today and it has ports older than anything I have ever seen! Definitely not compatible with my computer or monitor! Dell's twitter presence only cares about warranty and the dell.com people, wherever they are don't care at all. They just throw anything at you. I can't tell you how many times I've been called by "support" and hung up on mid-sentence. I'm losing faith in Dell.  Does ANYONE know how I can get REAL support to fix my computer!?!?

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

February 14th, 2018 16:00

You can get real support here but you have to provide enough information so someone can help. What video card *make and model) do you have? What ports are available on the video card? What monitor (make and model) do you have? What ports does the monitor have?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 15th, 2018 07:00

Our apologies that the support representatives failed. Before you made a video card purchase, did you tell the support representatives which specific monitor model you had and what video in ports were available on it? Did you ask the support representatives what video out ports were on the video card?

As Vic 384 stated, we need more data to assist =
* What specific video card model?
* What specific monitor model?

No Events found!