Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

January 28th, 2019 05:00

XPS 8910, doesn't recognize Apple iPhone

Purchased Lighting to Digital AV adapter plus Ultra high speed HDMI cable from Apple. Received message no DP cable. Purchased Display port to HDMI adapter from BestBuy and Monitor nor PC recognized iPhone. Screen display no DP cable. I changed input source to DP but system does not recognize. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 28th, 2019 05:00

I connect my iPhone 8 Plus to my desktop (Win 10) using the charging cable with the USB connection.  Windows recognizes it OK.  

With everything you've tried have you tried the basic USB connection?

3 Posts

January 28th, 2019 11:00

Hello firebird, yes I tried USB connection...it only lets me see my music. I would like to see my other apps and utilize them through the PC. Is this doable?

367 Posts

January 28th, 2019 11:00

What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to transfer files to your Iphone, trying to get a screen capture? What are you doing?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 29th, 2019 03:00

I don't think you can run/see apps on the PC.  Just transfer files, view pictures.  I use iTunes to backup locally or update the iOS on mine. Because Dell does not test/validate on Apple hardware and software, you should post the issues on the Apple Forum.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 1st, 2019 09:00

Ancient Vaccuum Tube Iphones do not work with windows 10.

You must install ITUNES.

For current Iphones this must be 64 bit version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/itunes/9pb2mz1zmb1s?cid=appledotcom&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Latest version of ITUNES DOES NOT SUPPORT IOS 7 8 9 10 11

IOS 12 is the current demand from apple.

Earlier Versions of IOS and Iphone and APPS are no longer supported.

None of this is supported by DELL.

When you plug in your iphone you must "trust that PC"

You cannot use an Iphone like a USB flash drive.

It can only be synced to ONE machine whether apple or Windows does not matter.

You must also De authorize any old copies and phones in the apple store to use the current phone on a PC.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 2nd, 2019 19:00

@fatlady wrote:

I would like to see my other apps and utilize them through the PC. Is this doable?

AFAIK, no.

No Events found!