Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 20th, 2018 18:00

XPS 8910, help with front panel power--new case

I am moving the inner parts of my XPS 8910 to a new case. Everything fits great but I can't seem to figure out the configuration for the front panel/power button. The stock case has a self contained connector. Does anyone know what the other should be for this motherboard?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 21st, 2018 03:00

Dell uses proprietary and undocumented front panel connections on most boards.  Unless someone has traced out the pins for this specific model and published it somewhere you are on your own to figure it out.  

798 Posts

August 21st, 2018 11:00

I am very interested in how this turns out for you.  I took a look at the back of the case of an XPS 8930 and saw that the IO panel on the rear is part of the chassis.  How were you able to integrate those rear connectors into the back of your new case?

Getting back to your question. Were you able to figure out the pinouts from the motherboard to the connectors on your new case and just having problems with the power button?  Or do you need the pinouts as well?  

1 Message

March 21st, 2019 13:00

Can you provide the pinout for the original connector? I am having the same issue.

No Events found!