Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SB

2 Posts

August 17th, 2019 12:00

XPS 8920 Motherboard

Hi My Sons

XPS9820 motherboard has recently failed

The PC is out of warranty by around 8 month now, can anyone advised what our options might be?

Cheers

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

August 17th, 2019 17:00

Options:

1. Purchase a XPS 8920 motherboard from Dell.

2. Purchase a XPS 8920 motherboard on eBay.

3.Purchase a new Intel H270/Z270 motherboard and a new case and transfer existing components (CPU, memory, drives, etc.) to the new system. Basically build a computer with existing components.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 17th, 2019 18:00

You could contact Dell's Out of Warranty Repair Service for an estimate to fix it.

And you know the motherboard failed how...?

August 25th, 2019 08:00

Hi Ron

We know the motherboard was at fault as we had given it to a trusted business contact who Ive used for PC repairs for over 10 years.

Ive had little help from Dell - Ive mailed support and had no reply

How do I contact the out of warranty repair service?

We are wholly unimpressed - the PC had issues 2 months after purchase, lots of parts had to be replaced and then the PC just stopped working. A lot of money to pay for a PC , I wont buy Dell again

Cheers

Sean

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 25th, 2019 14:00

I gave you the link for Dell's Out Of Warranty Repair in the US in my previous post.

If you're outside the US,  go to the Support page and select your country/region from the drop-down list at lower right corner of that page. When the page updates, you should see contact info for Support in your area and you can ask them about out of warranty repair services.

No Events found!