Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

14 Posts

December 6th, 2019 12:00

XPS 8930, added external speakers, mic doesn't work in Chrome search

This is really strange. When I external speakers the external mic doesn't work when I do searches in Chrome by clicking on the mic, the mic works for everything except that. Using the mic right now as I am filling this out using speech to text in Chrome. The message I get is "Waiting". If I unplug the external speakers either from the front headphone jack or one of the rear surround shout ports the mic works. The only way I can get this to work is to plug the speakers into the port on my monitor. I have been doing this but when the monitor goes to sleep it makes a popping noise on my speaker - if I'm sleeping it will wake me up.

Any Ideas?no mic rev2.JPG 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 6th, 2019 13:00

Speakers must be plugged into the light green port on the back of the computer, not a headphone jack. Check your manual for instructions.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 7th, 2019 01:00

Hi, Tesla07

I've responded to you via private message and will be happy to assist you there.

14 Posts

December 12th, 2019 16:00

I did try that, same results. Thanks

• 

25.1K Posts

December 12th, 2019 17:00

Hi,

I have replied to you via a private note.

DELL-Gautam M

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 21st, 2019 00:00

Since we have not received a reply from you, we will be closing this case. If you decide to continue at a later date, you will need to start a new thread and we will look into it.

Regards,

Ritik

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

December 21st, 2019 06:00

@Anonymous and @DELL-Cares  i don't understand the reason for the private messages. Would it not be better to post your suggestions publicly in this forum so that it would benefit others that may have the same issue? Hopefully there is nothing about this issue that Dell wishes to hide from the public.

No Events found!