Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2020 18:00

XPS 8930 initial boot up failure (ePSA 4306.25 Warning)

I got my XPS 8930 delivered like 3 hours ago and I tried booting it up for the first time. But when I turned it on, it had a boot failure. So I followed the steps on the community and ran a diagnostics on it and this is the error message I got when I tried to run it:

ePSA 4306.25 - Warning

PCIe - Training error PCI tag-0100 VendorID-10DE DeviceID-2182 SVid-1028 SDid-375D Bus 01: Link Degraded, maxWidth x16, negWidth x2, PCIe Slot 01
Continue testing?

I also tried resetting the BIOS settings to the optimum set up and tried a few things but it doesn't seem like it wants to boot up. I wanted to look up for some more information but I really don't know much about computers, though I saw another post saying that there might be a problem with the CPU and that it needs to be replaced?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@kiyoung0102 

Your graphics card is not fully engaged. Open your computer, pull out the graphics card, and plug it back in again, making sure it is fully seated in the slot and locked in place.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@kiyoung0102 

The blue tabs circled in this photo act as a release / lock mechanism.  Push the blue tab to release the graphics card. (click photo to embiggen)

tabs.jpg

July 3rd, 2020 03:00

Thanks! It seems to have solved the error message I was getting but unfortunately still unable to boot up the comp. Instead of the original error message, I got nothing on the diagnostics but still failing to boot up Guess there's another problem somewhere

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

July 3rd, 2020 03:00

I would check all your wiring connections. If the graphics card got loose during shipping there could also be something else that became disconnected. Especially check the connections to the disk drive. Is the disk drive detected in the BIOS?

No Events found!