Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Community Manager

• 

377 Posts

September 16th, 2022 03:00

"DS: If a new XPS Desktop were to launch, what features would you want to see?"

If a new XPS Desktop were to launch, what features would you want to see?

1 Rookie

• 

110 Posts

September 16th, 2022 04:00

Here are a few ideas from a new 8950 buyer...

- Stock CPU cooler that can effectively cool the CPU.  The stock i7 cooler is a "must-upgrade" component for most buyers - it's a real Achilles heel.

- Move to a standard CPU cooler mounting system for those that want to upgrade beyond the stock and advanced coolers being offered now.

- Better, quieter case fans, or at least, lose the current proprietary constraints on using 3rd party fans, allowing those of us that want something better to be able to make that change.

- Move to a non-proprietary power supply form factor.  Dell just doesn't need to lock this down.

I know you didn't ask for this, but there are a number of things about my new 8950 that I really like:

- My purchase was an excellent value.

- The performance of this machine (i7, 32GB, 3060ti, 750w, upgraded OEM cooler) is simply awesome.  I bought it for photo/video processing and other typical office work, but dang, I can't stop playing Stray!

- Dell has really stepped-up it's onboarding process since the last Dell I purchased years back.  Set-up was a breeze.

- The design and build of my machine is wonderful.

- Lastly, I am really happy to see the excellent support that is provided at this forum, not only from those who are legit experts/owners, but also the Dell employees.  Much better customer support than my HP experience.

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

September 16th, 2022 05:00

I would like to see Dell revamp the XPS 730X chassis style case (anodize or polished aluminum alloy case build).  offer see through side panel window is a plus plus (some users call it eye candy).  

Use standard ATX motherboard please so the motherboard can be upgraded if needed.  This would not stop users from buying new Dell.  It would also help save landfills.

Continue to use long case so users can fit in aftermarket video cards if needed.  

Please offer room for users to add 240 or 360 mm CLC.  Dell can continue to offer the basic 120 mm CLC but let users have option to upgrade.

1 Rookie

• 

443 Posts

September 16th, 2022 08:00

Optical audio output and Noctua fans with the ability to control them. It would be nice to be able to replace fans without having to worry about BIOS errors.

No Events found!