Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

August 10th, 2020 19:00

Bluetooth Stopped Working Dell XPS13 9380

Hi,

My bluethooth suddenly stopped working. I cant even turn it on (the button dissapeared). I used it without any trouble during 6 month but now it randombly stopped working. I tried unninstalling and installing the latest driver (also rebooting) and it didnt work.

At the device manager, it says: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". The device is a Qualcomm QCA61x4A.

I also runned the truebleshooting. It says "Check Bluetooth radio status" Not Fixed.

Please I need help.

Thanks

• 

25.7K Posts

August 11th, 2020 05:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

1 Message

August 19th, 2020 14:00

Have the same issue @laczero, really frustrating. The only "solution" I've found so far is to:

1. reboot into BIOS, go to Wireless devices, turn off Bluetooth
  2. reboot into Windows and sign in
  3. reboot into BIOS, turn on Bluetooth and reboot again.

This fix is "fine" if once a week, however it's getting worse, had to do this 4 times today. Started happening after a Windows update.

Hopefull Dell will provide an update with a permanent fix soon.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

August 20th, 2020 02:00

Here's how I solved this on my Dell XPS 13 9350

1. Removed my bluetooth accessory from device manager (in my case it was a headset/headphone)

2. Right-clicked on the "Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth 4.1 LE" adapter, and click on Update Driver Software.  For me, this downloaded and installed an update (took a few minutes)

3. Reboot

4. This was probably the key bit (gleaned from a post I found on a HP forum for a similar symptom).  GO INTO BIOS AND RESET BIOS TO FACTORY SETTINGS

Without step 4, no amount of pairing, uninstalling, etc seemed to have any effect.  I'm guessing this is because different versions of the bluetooth driver write different/incompatible bluetooth keys to the key store, and I guess resetting bios clears that out.

Once I re-paired everything then worked.. NEARLY.  for my headset specifically, I also needed to do this:

5. Go into control panel, "Devices And Printers".  Right click on the bluetooth accessory, and go to Properties.

6. Click on Services.  This takes a few seconds to refresh

7. You should see a bunch of checkboxes.  For me, they were all unchecked!  So check them to enable those services (e.g. "Audio Sink" to get audio routed to the devices, "Remote Control" to handle accessory buttons, "Hands-Free Telephony" to handle microphone/voice call, etc)

Finally (!)  I could then right click on my Audio properties, go to Playback Devices, and select my bluetooth headset (and change it to default playback device, etc)

October 21st, 2020 05:00

Could you please assist me aswell with this exact problem.

XPS 13(9370)

October 21st, 2020 05:00

Commenting to say I have the exact same problem!

XPS 13 (9370)

1 Message

October 27th, 2020 12:00

I've also been struggling with this for a few weeks now (Windows 10 Enterprise build 19041.508). Bluetooth started randomly turning off. At first, I could reboot and it would turn on again, but that only lasted one meeting with my AirPods before needing another reboot. Now it won't turn on at all. Tried removing the Bluetooth device, reinstalling and pulling down the latest driver. Nothing. 

My laptop is managed by my organization so I cannot try the options listed above. Since I share a home office with my partner who has meetings all day it's become a real pain. Every time I disconnect and reconnect from my Dell Thunderbolt dock to take a meeting elsewhere in the house, I end up having to reboot five times before the dock works again. I guess that's an issue for another thread... 

Dell - hopefully this issue is being worked on? 

186 Posts

October 28th, 2020 00:00

You can try to reinstall the system. I used to have screen brightness that can’t be adjusted and shortcut keys don’t work. Reinstall the system and it will be restored.

1 Message

January 13th, 2021 11:00

I have been experiencing this issue consistently since i purchased the XPS13 9380 laptop 18 months ago and has started happening more frequently since i updated Windows 10 this week.     I run Dell Support tool and make sure all drivers are up to date.

Bluetooth will still fail periodically.     Following the steps to disable then re-enable in BIOS is the only reliable way to get this working again.

I also own an XPS13 9350 and it has no such issue.    Dell were unable to find a solution whilst the laptop was covered under the first 12 months business support cover.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 13th, 2021 13:00

When BT disappears from Device Manager, delete any "Unknown USB" entries in Device Manager. Then click Action>Scan for hardware changes and see if BT re-appears.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2021 16:00

This has happened to me, too. I've been going back and forth with Dell for 4 months now, with no solution. Each time I talk to someone on Support Assist, they come up with a temporary solution (restart computer, uninstall/reinstall bluetooth drivers / upgrade os / reset to factory settings / go into bios) and it gets fixed for a day, before breaking again. They even went as far as sending a technician out to replace my wifi/bluetooth chip and my entire motherboard... the technician left with my bluetooth still broken. They're sending another technician out this week to try again. Feels like they're just stringing me along until my warranty runs out.

At this point with no solution for 4 months and their team simply repeating the same 5 troubleshooting steps, . They marketed a product with functioning bluetooth and the product is not living up to their word. 

1 Message

January 22nd, 2022 12:00

For the past month, I have been experiencing the same issue where the Bluetooth & other devices "on/off" would not show up on the Win 10 settings and my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse would not connect on my XPS 13. I have been performing the BIOS workaround that kplusk recommended but it's a temporary fix as the connectivity behaves erratically. Please come up with a permanent fix to this problem as everyone here would expect better quality for the price paid on this laptop. Thanks!

1 Message

May 17th, 2022 17:00

BIOS attempt worked at first then bluetooth disappeared again

No Events found!