Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

November 15th, 2018 01:00

DELL L502X Subwoofer not making sound but speaker working.

Hello everybody, I am having issue with my dell l502x laptop. It has two speakers left and right and one subwoofer. But subwoofer has stopped working since few days ago. I have brought a new subwoofer thinking that subwoofer might actually be faulty but after installing new subwoofer still no sound comes from subwoofer. Only left and right speaker works. Sound is trebly with no bass. I tried reinstalling the subwoofer, checking connections, plugging and unplugging subwoofer connector, updating drivers but nothing works. It seems everything is fine but the subwoofer is not being detected. Help me guys.. :(

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 15th, 2018 10:00

If you look in the Audio Control panel and the Output device, you may see a tab which contains Levels.  On that tab, there should be a level option for the subwoofer.

If you do not see one, you may be using the incorrect driver, even though it may be the correct version.

My normal process for sound is to download the correct driver from Dell.  Then go offline and uninstall the sound device and check the box to remove all drivers. 

You may have to do this a couple of times if you have older drivers on your system, but you should be able to reinstall the downloaded driver and reboot.  After the new driver is installed, you can go back online.

Windows 10?

November 15th, 2018 19:00

I tried what you said but its not working. Eventhough I installed new subwoofer but it doesnt make anysound. I tried adjusting equalization and checking whether bass is turned off somehow. But no its not. Also reinstalling driver didnt do anything. I am confused what to do now. Please help .Btw I am using windows 7.

No Events found!