Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

11 Posts

May 14th, 2020 15:00

Del XPS 13 7390 Unable to Wake From Sleep Using Keyboard/Mouse

The Power Management Tab from from all devices (except WiFi) is missing in Device Manager and hence I can't set devices to wake from sleep. (Image: https://bit.ly/3dQuNK5 )

I see this is a recurring issue which has not been yet solved on this forum.

Things I have tried:

1. Used powercfg device query to see which devices can be sued to wake up the computer and change it, but I do not have sufficent permission even while running as Administrator. (Image: https://bit.ly/2WVNPrF )

2. Changed CsEnabled from 1 to 0 in Registry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power and disabled all power saving options from PCI, USB, etc.

3. Disabled Fast Startup/Boot

4. Checked BIOS for options (there is no wake from USB setting there).

5. Contacted Dell Support on WhatsApp.

Any other ideas? I would rather disable sleep and hibernate if reaching till the power button is the only way to resume from sleep.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 14th, 2020 15:00

Power is listed if you right click on the Start Button and choose Power Options. Then choose advanced settings to access the other options. OR just open Settings, Power. Laptops must be able to respond to the keyboard and mouse wake ups since those are internal devices--unlike desktops with external hardware. Laptops must be turned off when transporting them in cases. Sleep, Hybrid Sleep and Hibernation are for when they are in use. 

May 14th, 2020 16:00

I wouldn't have messed with Windows Power Shell (Admin) if obvious solutions like that worked.

Also ran Dell Support Assist for errors and optimizations, there were none.

August 21st, 2020 23:00

I have the exact same problem, did you manage to fix it?

August 22nd, 2020 08:00

@UsamaHussein No, I could not find any solution with CsEnabled Registry Key set to 0. Dell Support could not find any way either.

You can reset CsEnabled back to 1 or give up and use the power button/lid every time.

August 23rd, 2020 17:00

@spiritedSoul Thanks for letting me know. I could not find a solution/workaround to this as well

No Events found!