Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

6 Posts

May 16th, 2020 15:00

Delivery times for April - May 2020 orders

I ordered an XPS 13 on May 14th, 2020. I have been given an estimated delivery window of May 20-May 26. From what I have seen on Reddit and Dell's own community forums about delays, I am not pinning lot of hope on getting the laptop within the promised window. Thought I would start a thread where buyers can share their purchase date, promised delivery date, and actual delivery date to help people like me with are waiting for the laptops.

73 Posts

May 17th, 2020 20:00

Hi, 

Guess it also depends where you live and announced delivery time of your configuration. If you live in Europe and if availability on the website was 3 to 4 days then shipment should occur around 18th to 20th of May. Count max 10 days for UPS. This is if they don't mess up the logistics (see my frustrating experience here)

Good luck and keep an eye on UPS tracking and fingers crossed. 

4 Posts

May 18th, 2020 03:00

Hi, 

Talking about experience, I'm a French customer. I bought an Alienware m15 R2 on April 25th. My order needed some identity check (for a safe payment I guess). I had to call the customer service department on April 29th in order to have this info... Nobody called me before.

Then, after sending ID and proof of address on April 29th, my order was confirmed on May 2nd. Right after that, my laptop was sent on May 7th.

At this date, I only had an UPS tracking number and nothing moved yet. 

Good luck. 

• 

25.1K Posts

May 18th, 2020 03:00

Bonjour

Je vous remercie de nous avoir contactés

Afin de faire suite à votre demande, pourriez-vous nous communiquer le numéro de commande en message privé

Dans l'attente de votre retour

Très cordialement, Hakim

6 Posts

May 19th, 2020 07:00

Sorry to hear about your issues with Dell. I just received an email notification from Dell announcing that it will not meet the original delivery date. Surprise level? Zero. I am frustrated with the delays from Production to Delivery. What's even more frustrating is the fact that we know that the company is backed up when it comes to fulfilling customer orders and they know it too. But they continue to sell customers on delivery dates that they cannot realistically meet. Dell is hurting its own credibility and business with current and new customers. Some day, this will be a case study in a business text book on what to do to drive customers away. 

6 Posts

May 19th, 2020 07:00

I forgot to mention that I am in the US. 

73 Posts

May 19th, 2020 08:00

Hi,

fully aligned with your previous messages, there's nothing more damaging to a company image than bad customer support. If we're honest 2 secs, we all know that zero trouble doesn't exist; happens. Now the worst you can do is try to ignore it or try to hide it; make the customer believe something that isn't rue; it always comes back to you at some point, be it delivery dates, after sales issues,..

As far as I am concerned, no my replacement device is definitely not on its way. According to DELL it was shipped 11 days ago (on the 8th) but having checked with UPS several times, they never got it, thus no progress on tracking. DELL however is not considering that fact, for one week now they ask me to be patient, promise to come back to me within 24h, promise to check with UPS but in the end, nothing. Tomorrow it will be 1 month that I got my new XPS13 (on 20th of April), defective upon unboxing. Tried the forum here, they just promise feedback I never get; the sales representative has an automatic email reply saying he doesn't have access to his email without forwarding to a colleague and not even a return to work date (Substitute character removed> probably using an XPS) and on Twitter the ask me to send info via PM but don't accept PM. So frustrating. On the paper I had a slight pref for the XPS13 but should have gotten the HP Spectre instead. We're running approx 100 HP laptops, had issues but always acceptable support (at least here in France).

Hope that you'll get yours fast and that you don't encounter any issue on unboxing or afterwards because DELL Care definitely will make your life miserable. 

4 Posts

The package arrived today, May 19th estimated date on Dell website. The tracking was actualized just yesterday, around 6-7PM. 

Hope everything will be okay for yours. 

6 Posts

Hope that your shipment is on its way. Until I get the laptop and unbox it, I am not going to get my hopes up even with a tracking number from UPS. 

73 Posts

Good news for you. 

As far as I am concerned, i doubt it. On UPS tracking it says they are waiting for the shipment to be handed over from DELL to them and yesterday they confirmed once again they don't have the goods.

73 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Hi,

indeed shipping and updates on the latter isn't very smooth (these days?).

From my side, as a very big surprise UPS just stopped by my house on the 20th, delivering the 2nd (replacement laptop). At that precise time it was still marked on UPS website as (in transit to UPS facility) and UPS told me the day before that they never received the goods to be shipped. Very strange, I've been working with UPS for years and this is the very first time I see this happen. No tracking at all even though there are 3 to 4 intermediate scanning points between china and my place in France.

Worst part, upon unboxing I had to discover that the new device had a dead pixel. So frustrating.

As you point out, at that point I was so scared about the additional delay to get all refunded that I decided to disassemble both units, the 1st and the second, and swap displays. I now have my replacement unit up and running with the display of the first and all is good (for now). But obviously one shouldn't have to do this.

For what it is worth, I'm in France you in the US, delivery from China to France with UPS took 8 days the first time, 12 days the second (starting from the day that DELL announced shipment and gave me the UPS tracking number).

Good luck.

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Ordered a gaming laptop (not Alienware) on May 11th was told and assured it would be here May 19th-22nd, I told the guy are you sure cause I just signed up for two classes and am needing a laptop, he said yes yes it will be there to you, I gave you expedited shipping for free. I was like okay I'll order it then.  May 18th I get a notice my order shipped, FedEx says estimated delivery of May 19th.  I wait all day, nope nothing moving..the next day May 20th I chat with someone from customer service, they tell me oh it is shipping May 21st and will be to you on May 22nd, I said um how can it be shipped on that date when I already got an email saying it shipped on the 18th? He goes no no you'll get it May 22nd. I said okay, I look nothing on FedEx and a pending delivery date when FedEx gets the item. I call this time, being told that no it's actually shipping from Asia, and won't hit the USA until May 25th, I am livid as I asked before I bought will I get it by the stated date as I have signed up for two classes and was assured it would be. I would not bank on Dell's word nor would I believe the estimated delivery dates, I would tack on another two weeks or a month. The CEO and such don't care as long as the money keeps rolling in, I called once again the other day and got cussed at and called a profane name by someone when I asked for the head office number so I can contact one of the higher-ups. Good luck all and I hope you get your items or money back. 

1 Message

June 1st, 2020 22:00

I ordered an Aurora R8 with a 2080ti and an i7 9700k processor, the pandemic heavily affected the supply chain and it is highly likely that one of these components might be missing. I ordered my product on May 22nd, and the estimated delivery date is June 30. Fingers crossed. 

June 2nd, 2020 06:00

I ordered my XPS 13 on May 11th, it has been "Shipped" since May 25th but I dont have a tracking #.

Given other people's reports, I'm probably going to end up getting it around June 20th at this pace. 

Really experience with the whole process, takes waaaay too long. Unreasonably long.

73 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 06:00

Hi,

As said, there seems to be a problem right now regarding updates on shipping between UPS and Dell. If you live in Europe, I guess you should roughly count 15 days, so expect delivery around the 10th of June. I had 2 deliveries, one in April, one in May and they took respectively 8 and 12 days to come through with the second never receiving any update on UPS website. It went directly from "In transit to UPS facility" to "delivered".

Good luck.

6 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 11:00

I received mine on May 26th. According to the UPS tracking status, the shipment was stuck at the Chinese custom for several days because of export-related paperwork issues. Huh? I thought it was rather strange because the company sells and ships millions of computers as its core business. The paperwork should be enshrined in its business process. 

All in all, the purchasing experience has been memorable for all the wrong reasons. I am just glad that the wait is over.

No Events found!