MickWindows
2 Bronze

Dell Command Update not working at all since approx 4 April 2021

Jump to solution

Hardware is XPS 13 9370 (irrelevant, since there are hundreds of reports of this in the Inspiron forum). All the latest Win 10 Pro updates as of today (12 April 2021) are installed.

DCU v4.1.0 just reports an error "Unable to retrieve inventory information" whenever I go check for updates.

No, it's nothing wrong with my system - either Dell or Microsoft (or both) have <Substitute character removed>up big-time.

Re-installing DCU 4.1.0 makes no difference at all.

Can someone from Dell please read this and sort out this problem? Quickly?

This sort of stuff-up is why I do all my serious work on macOS (no, it's not perfect, but at least it doesn't break stuff every week).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DELL-Cares

Thanks for your post

Jump to solution

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DELL-Cares

Thanks for your post

Jump to solution

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Thanks for your post

Jump to solution

Hi also have this problem on a Dell Latitude 5510

31 march en 3 april i had a notification of an update. I didn't install and now i have this problem that i can't search for new updates.

When Dell Command Update roll out a fix for it?

0 Kudos
MickWindows
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi,

A quick update. Dell walked me through some tests; I understand the issue is now with their L3 team.

I checked with a colleague with an Inspiron - same issue. Please note that at the same time as the DCU issue, I started to get an error message regarding my (previously fine) Wacom tablet driver. I therefore suspect one of the recent Windows updates.

Regards, M

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Intressting.

I connect a second screen bij HDMI. 31 of march!

It's an 32 inch LED TV

Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4A PRO modelnummer: l32m5-5asp 

https://www.mi.com/in/mi-led-tv-4a-pro-32

In Windows Update sinds then d'r is a driver update:
Schermafbeelding 2021-04-13 131753.png
LEN International (Europe) GmbH - Monitor -3/8/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.0

Is the DCU failure coincidence or is it interrelated? And i not prefer to install this driver since i not have any problem and second screen working fine.

0 Kudos