Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Message

February 17th, 2021 08:00

Dell XPS-12-9Q33 screen issue

I was not using my Dell XPS-12-9Q33 laptop for more than a year. Today when I turned it on. I am seeing something liquid and glue kind of thing spread inside the screen. As the laptop screen is a touchscreen, touch works fine in the affected region. Can anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this and what would be the estimated cost for getting this one repaired, as it's out of warranty?

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-17 at 8.48.11 PM.jpeg

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

February 17th, 2021 08:00

The panel is internally damaged -- from the looks of it, a liquid either seeped inside the screen from the edges, or some internal damage to the LCD caused the fluid inside to leak.  Either way, the display assembly needs to be replaced.  These weren't big sellers when they were new, and replacement parts as a result are relatively expensive.  Because of the design, you'll just about certainly need to replace the entire assembly.  There is one listed on EBay at the moment:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Dell-XPS-12-9Q23-Touch-LCD-Screen-Display-Panel-Assembly-LP125WF1-SP-A2-NEW/373086558480?hash=item56ddb11910:g:JMoAAOSwYfZfkKvN

1 Message

May 3rd, 2022 21:00

Bit late but thought I'd add my experience for others who search for it.

Mine has the same issue which started a couple of years ago, in fact I've seen this before in other threads. It started small and got progressively worse, first looking like air bubbles before spreading across the whole screen with what you have.

In my case the glue from inside is actually leaking out of the corners of the display, onto the bottom part of the laptop near the 'esc' key.

1 Message

June 22nd, 2022 10:00

I have the same problem, I didn't make any choc with this laptop, and a fluid is coming out, degrading the video quality and touching the keyboard .

I hope I can find someone to replace it.

1 Message

December 12th, 2022 07:00

Hi, what was the solution for you? Now I can’t use the laptop anymore, the stain covered the whole screen, brightness dropped to the minimum and can’t be adjusted anymore. Of course there was no external trauma, it just degraded:(

Should I just throw it away?

thanks a lot!

1 Message

April 7th, 2023 05:00

i have the same problem, now i am buying an other old one of the same model... i think i'm gonna swich the two screens. So yes, you should disassembly the screen

1 Message

May 10th, 2023 13:00

Have the same problem now for a couple years. Just use an external monitor for workaround, but now I want to start using as a laptop again. Anyone have success replacing the screen assembly, and if so, do you know if the new screens on the market have been upgraded (new version), as touted on Amazon?

"This is an upgraded version to prevent leaking sticky fluid! Compatible Laptop Model: Only Fit For Dell XPS 12 9Q33"

No Events found!