Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2022 15:00

Dell XPS 13 9343 battery replacement different output issues

XPS 13 9343

XPS 13 9343

New battery received that was slightly different in specs. It won't charge but it will run the laptop. Is there a work around for this to work???

Former battery: 52wh 7.4vm type jd25G

New battery: New Genuine Dell XPS 13 9343 7.6V 60Wh Battery PW23Y

Full back story. Needed a battery. Old one had to be plugged in to work. Dell did not have one available to get. I ordered a new battery that was apparently for this exact laptop. Only when I swapped them did I realize the spec difference. The laptop will power up but the light beaneath the trackpad flashes white/ orange all the time. An error comes up on start up about a service tag but you can bypass it. The charger, (0X9RG3 Laptop AC adapter, 45w) will not charge it.

Is there a workaround?

Can I use this battery with a new charger? new driver? anything that might work??

It fits the laptop perfect and seems to work just fine.

thanks

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

November 22nd, 2022 10:00

It's not a driver issue.  If you have the tools to decompile the BIOS, correct the code, recompile it and flash the result to the system, you may be able to remove the incompatibility.  More likely, you'll find it simpler and far less time consuming (not to mention less dangerous to the system) to simply install the correct battery. 

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

November 20th, 2022 15:00

Unless it's an issue with the system not recognizing the AC adapter (F2 at powerup to check), the issue is with the battery, not the adapter.

That part number shows up as being for an XPS 9360 (similar to yours but two generations newer).

This would be the correct battery for your system:

https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-001J-004U9

November 22nd, 2022 09:00

Thanks for the info and the link. I understand that's a solution that should work.

I really want to understand if there is a work around? This battery fits. Can I change a battery driver? Can I change the BIOS? Is it really that hard to make my laptop accept a battery that's a bit better then my old one? A minor change in V seems like a negligible difference to me. Risking ordering another battery and returning the old one would be great to avoid. 

Just exhausting my options. Any advice would be great. 

No Events found!