Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

October 27th, 2018 14:00

Dell XPS 13 9370 dead (Not booting/charging)

Currently I am in Israel for university even though i purchased the laptop in the USA on the 29th of July. On the 24th of October i was in my class an put my laptop in my bag and went to my next class but it would turn on. So i left it "charging" for that class as sometimes it wont turn on when the battery is too low. Didnt work. I have tried different chargers, on the separate usb-c plugs. Currently i "applied"? to transferring my warranty to israel but I HAVE NO IDEA what to do. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

October 27th, 2018 14:00

Unplug the system, remove the base cover (you'll need a torx driver) and disconnect the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  That may get it going.

If not, I don't think Dell offers corporate-backed support in Israel - they sell only through dealers, which may or may not do warranty work on systems they haven't sold.  And in order to transfer a warranty, you must have upgraded to onsite service at purchase (usually $100 or so at purchase;  if you didn't, it'll be about double that now).  So - you may find you have to return the system to the US for repair.

No Events found!