Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2019 07:00

XPS 13 9630, brightness issue, expired warranty

Hi,

I have Dell XPS 13 9630 QHD model

Brightness control does not work anymore. I found it as common issue but I have not find the right solution for it. Please advise.

In addition, my machine warranty expired on 2017. Any possibility to re-new the warranty? And how?

Thank you,

May 26th, 2019 00:00

I think I found a way to solve this problem permanently. I don't know why Dell Support team ignoring if any of their customers has an expired warranty?

Why? Because once the warranty has expired, you must pay for Support which is a different team here at Dell.
DELL-Admin

-_- . But let me help everyone who faced the same issue.

(Update the graphics driver to Version: 26.20.100.6709 )

The key problem is the graphics driver. It seems the latest version of the graphics driver can solve the problem. You can find it from Intel (don't download from Dell, that's the driver cause the problem):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=96551

However, you'll find you can't install it due to some reasons. So here is how I solve this problem. 

1. download the zip file of the driver from the above link
  2. unzip it
  3. go to the "Device Manager" (right click "this PC"--"properties")
  4. go to your "Display adapters"--"Intel HD Graphics 620"--double click
  5. go to "Driver"--"update driver" and choose"browse my computer for driver software"
  6. guide it to your unzip file folder
  7. let the system install the driver, and then restart your system. It should fix the problem. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2019 09:00

It is not possible to get a warranty extension. Any extension must be purchased (at a high cost) while the computer is still under the first year warranty. Extended warranties should be purchased at the time the computer is ordered since it's cheaper then. 

Explain what you have tried and what the exact problem is and maybe another user can help. It could be a simple fix.

May 23rd, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned, Screen brightness can not be controlled. I can not increase or decrease the brightness when I use F11/F12 buttons. The bar of brightness level is appearing, however the screen brightness do not change. 

No Events found!