Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

June 6th, 2022 21:00

Dell XPS 13 - Sonix Integrated Webcam Error - 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptureFailedEvent

Hello,

The integrated Sonix webcam on my dell XPS 13 9380 isn’t working anymore. Error "Dell Webcam Sonix.jpg

I tried all these options and still no luck –

1. Reset the camera app
  2. Updated drivers
  3. Updated registry
  4. Checked camera settings to confirm its on for all apps
  5. Disabled antivirus

Can someone please suggest a solution.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 6th, 2022 21:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

1 Message

July 22nd, 2022 12:00

I have the same issue. XPS 13 9380. Was working well until this spring. At some point, tried going on a work call (Teams or Zoom) and the camera would turn on for about 1-2 seconds and then turn off and not be able to turn back on. The same thing happens in the Camera application. I get the same error as the above user. I updated my OS to Windows 11 and this solved the issue for about 1 week, then back to the error.

When working well, the camera is called "Integrated webcam" in the device manager. When not working, it is called "Sonix technology Co ltd".

I have tried:

-Updating drivers in device manager

-Reinstalling the camera

-Making sure all apps have privacy permission in windows settings

-Making sure camera is enabled in BIOS

-There is no hardware failure in boot-up check (when you press F12)

-And disabled antivirus

I have no idea how to resolve this! Thanks!

July 22nd, 2022 17:00

Same thing has happened to mine as well. I’m guessing it’s some faulty driver update and who knows if or when it’ll ever get fixed. Does anyone know when their webcam last worked? I hadn’t used mine in a couple months but had to on Wednesday, which is when I found out it was broken. I need the webcam to work for school, so this is pretty ridiculous. 

October 16th, 2022 21:00

I have had the same problem for 12+ months will display as Sonix when not working and integrated webcam when working - definitely a software/driver issue but have been unable to resolve. No help from Dell saying the camera is managed by windows 

2 Posts

January 8th, 2023 12:00

Hi, I'm getting crazy trying to fix the camera on my XPS. Did you solve the problem? Thanks

1 Message

January 14th, 2023 04:00

I have the same problem, started 2 months ago......I Tryied everything nothing works

1 Message

April 15th, 2023 07:00

Did you get a resolution for this problem? I have the same issue.

1 Message

July 11th, 2023 14:00

I have same problem, any progress for this? 

1 Message

February 23rd, 2024 15:00

I am also having the same problem. My webcam just stopped working suddenly while I was using Zoom. 

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 11th, 2024 18:21

Same happened for me - my webcam just stopped working suddenly while I was using Zoom. I tried to reinstall the driver. Nothing worked. It was displaying as Sonix.

Prior to completely failing, the camera would turn on for about 1-2 seconds and then turn off and not be able to turn back on -- just as another user above said.

Any solution?

Pretty disappointing for a top end model...

No Events found!