Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

January 15th, 2020 09:00

Dell XPS 15 9560 no POST

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 that will not POST.  When trying to power on the LED power light will come on and stay light solid for one minute and then turn off.  There are no beeps, no LED flashes and no caps lock LED comes on.  I have tried removing the internal battery but get the same results.  I have tried pressing F3, F8, F12, etc with no luck to get it to BIOS.  The screen is always black.  The fans spin up momentarily at the end and then the system powers down.

How do I test what the problem is?

32GB RAM
PM951 NVMe Samsung 512GB
VideoCARD GeForce GTX 1050
Motherboard

thanks
Philip

• 

25.7K Posts

January 16th, 2020 03:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

2 Posts

April 19th, 2020 17:00

I had the same problem today.

My notebook (XPS 15 9560) started freezing when I was trying to make BIOS changes, and after rebooting a few times it got to the point where it won' t show the Dell splash screen anymore.

I have tried pressing the usual keys with no success. The power LED will stay on for a few seconds, goes off and then it tries to boot again. The only way to stop the loop is to press the power button again.

I followed DELL instructions to do a BIOS recovery, but when I plug in the power adapter holding the Ctrl + Esc keys, all I get is the front LED flashing 3/3 white/orange.

Is there anything else I can try?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Fabian

No Events found!