Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 22:00

Dell XPS 15 9570 Finger print reader no longer working.

Hello all,

• I have recently received my XPS 15 and am loving it. Besides the fact that the finger print reader has just stopped working. I have looked into it and it appears to be a problem that was on the last gen as well. When I go into settings to sign in options, it says this instead of the normal finger print thing. The fingerprint did work at the beginning but for some reason now it doesn't even know that it has one. I would guess some sort of update came through when I was setting it up but I don't really know.this is what it says nowthis is what it says now

Any help would be very much appreciated. it says all my drivers are up to date as well.  

3 Posts

January 29th, 2020 23:00

same problem. the support assistant said all my drivers were up to date but reinstalling gooodix fingerprint Version 2.1.32.400, A03 did the trick. it must have got corrupted. at the same time this happened my norton antivirus had to reinstall due to an error. i dont know if the two are related and if so which one caused the problem for the other. 

• 

16.7K Posts

August 24th, 2018 06:00

DilloncStanley,

Below are some links with information on the fingerprint reader. Reinstall the drivers and run through the setup again.

Fingerprint Reader Installation Guide

Downloading the fingerprint reader driver

1 Message

September 10th, 2018 03:00

I have a very similar problem. I couldn't use my fingerprint reader from the very beginning. It shows the same for me that "Windows Hello isn't available on this device". At the top it also says in red "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" (this is a private laptop though).

I have uninstalled the Goodix fingerprint driver twice now but it did not work. I looked for the drivers mentioned in your second link (Dell Data Protection|Security Tools (DDP|ST) and Control Vault) but both were not available in the drivers section for the 9570.

What other reasons could be there for this problem to exist?

2 Posts

September 24th, 2018 00:00

I have exactly this similar issue. I reinstalled the Goodix fingerprint driver, but it did not solve the issue.
Please Dell Support fix this issue. My problem started on September 10, 2018.

1 Message

October 4th, 2018 18:00

Have the same problem on my new Dell 15 9570.  Fingerprint reader does not set up.  It reads my fingerprint the first time, asks me to touch it again, and says "your device is having g trouble recognizing you.  Make sure your sensor is clean."

4 Posts

October 5th, 2018 02:00

My XPS 15 9570 fingerprint reader also stopped working (after a Windows upgrade I suppose) and after fruitlessly contacting Dell support (only suggestion was to make a clean Windows install) I finally solved as another user in here:

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-13-9370-fingerprint-not-working/td-p/6107348/highlight/false/page/2

reinstalling Intel Guard Extensions Platform Software, that probably was corrupted.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2018 05:00

Thanx stef065, this was THE solution. My fingerprint reader is working again. Final note for the Dell Support Team: how come that users need to find their own solutions??? It’s easy to advise to do a reinstall of Windows. You guys NEED to know these solutions like repairing the Intel driver. Some people struggled months with this issue without any effective support from Dell. Go find a solution, start testing things, find out why your buyers have these issues. I am very dissapointed in your team. Thank God for users like stef065! Thanx my man.

3 Posts

October 7th, 2018 23:00

My XPS 15 9570 also has this problem today. I've tried the solution above but it does not worked.

Could you please tell me how to reinstall the driver mentioned by stef065?

Thanks!

January 22nd, 2019 08:00

Hello,

Were you able to figure this out?

I've been having this issue for weeks.

I sent my laptop to Dell but they failed to fix it -_- 

Not too sure how to proceed from here

11 Posts

June 5th, 2019 19:00

Almost everything is wrong with my XPS 15 since the first day I bought it. Support seems to be able only to copy-paste wearesosorry messages. Will try this hack for a new problem - not working fingerprint sensor. This laptop is the worst purchase I've ever made.

(edited)

November 8th, 2019 18:00

I had the same issue with my dell xps 9570; when I went into settings to enable the password it would say "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". Installing the driver didn't work, it would claim it didn't see the device. I rebooted into the BIOS menu (F2 on boot) to check the SGX settings, but they were already enabled. I ended up just changing an unrelated setting (battery management to primarily AC usage) and then saved configuration and booted, and it surprisingly worked. It just recognized the fingerprint reader and I could even log in with it. That makes me think it has less to do with a particular setting and more to do with forcing some kind of minor reset on the BIOS.

No Events found!