Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

4 Posts

August 21st, 2019 10:00

Dell XPS13 2 in 1 won’t turn on

Hi all. My laptop won’t turn on. Regardless of whether it’s plugged in, the charging light is flashing amber and white, the keyboard lights up after pressing on/off button, but the screen does not turn on. F2 unresponsive. The keyboard can only be turned off with a 10 second hard shut down. The indicator on the usb-c end of the charger lights up white when plugged in, and a working Mac usb-c charger does not change the behavior of the laptop. The cord was bitten by a cat while plugged in (and connected to the laptop) overnight. Ordered a replacement charger + will test my cord with a different device tonight. Please help; this is extremely bad timing.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 21st, 2019 11:00

Click my DELL-name and private message me the following information;
- Computer Service Tag number
- Your shipping address, phone number, and email address

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 21st, 2019 15:00

Are the amber and white lights blinking in a pattern?

Did the cat pull on the cable which may have damaged the plug?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2019 06:00

Awaiting a response to my previous reply.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2019 13:00

Since we have not received a reply from you, we are closing this case. 

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 17:00

Sorry; I am starting a PhD program and have been tied in the on boarding process. I will message with the information you indicated shortly.

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 18:00

I can’t find a private message link from your profile. 

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 19:00

The pattern is (to my recollection) red, red, white. I don’t think the frequency for the lights is stable.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 23rd, 2019 07:00

I could not find an explanation of any blinking lights but I did see a beep code table.  Is your system beeping at all?

If it is blinking amber, it might be related to the battery or charging system.  I just don't see those lights described in the manual.

I know my power cord was bent just where if comes out of the insulation and sits at a slight angle.  It is susceptible to damage while being moved around, so that that area carefully.

Those system do have fairly sophisticated power control mechanisms.  Perhaps using a non-approved power supply may not be best.

1 Message

June 6th, 2020 00:00

Hi I'm having the same issues I've tried everything suggested but my laptop won't turn on. the LED status as shows : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDo_oKL4gGA

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 6th, 2020 07:00

This is a screen failure.  

No Events found!